Author Topic: 1979 KX250 A5 for sale with Fox Air Shocks  (Read 24082 times)

Offline JaseGP

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: 1979 KX250 A5 for sale with Fox Air Shocks
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 02:48:03 am »
My bike finally arrived in Sydney and after a week or 2 of hold up's and problems getting past Customs and Quarantine I have collected it from the warehouse. The whole procedure has been a roller coaster ride and very steep learning curve from my end. I would make sure if you are going to import a bike do a lot of research before hand and get a fixed price for shipping door to door as costs really add up once the bike arrives in Australia.

My bike failed quarantine checks and to pass Quarantine the bike had to be cleaned and the crate destroyed. This left me out of pocket after I had to pay the clean up bill from Quarantine. I'm sure if more care was taken with the cleaning and crating of the bike before exporting this would of been avoided.

So again make sure you do your research before importing a bike from the US and select your exporter/importer carefully as if thing go wrong you will be left to clean up the mess and pay the bills.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 08:48:50 pm »
Jase, did you buy the A4 or A5
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 12:59:51 pm »
My bike finally arrived in Sydney and after a week or 2 of hold up's and problems getting past Customs and Quarantine I have collected it from the warehouse. The whole procedure has been a roller coaster ride and very steep learning curve from my end. I would make sure if you are going to import a bike do a lot of research before hand and get a fixed price for shipping door to door as costs really add up once the bike arrives in Australia.

My bike failed quarantine checks and to pass Quarantine the bike had to be cleaned and the crate destroyed. This left me out of pocket after I had to pay the clean up bill from Quarantine. I'm sure if more care was taken with the cleaning and crating of the bike before exporting this would of been avoided.

So again make sure you do your research before importing a bike from the US and select your exporter/importer carefully as if thing go wrong you will be left to clean up the mess and pay the bills.

I understand this is an old post. I would like to know what had to be done that JaseGP is talking about to avoid added cost from cleaning and crating.

I see the price East Coast mx sells his machines for and I'm amazed. I can't buy a bike and restore it to the condition he sells them for and even break even on the price he sells them at.