Author Topic: dirt track meetings close to vic  (Read 5272 times)

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
dirt track meetings close to vic
« on: July 10, 2011, 06:07:10 am »
are there any dirt track meeting close to vic for classic bikes , as we are lucky to get one or two meetings a year with moderns and none for classics.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: dirt track meetings close to vic
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:06:27 am »
 I think broadford is about the only dirt track still running in victoria, then theres albury wodonga, on the border, I used to take my sons to a track near shepparton in the 1990,s but that has since closed

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:03 am »
gdr move to nsw. :)
if vic is that bad i think we shouldn`t complain about dirt track in nsw.gdr you may have to go road racing at least you beat nsw there, broadford,winton & phillip island.nsw has wakefield park & eastern (ride days) creek.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:23:27 pm »
do griffiths and wagga do many meetings for classic bikes

Offline flattracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:24:48 pm »
There is a practice day next weekend at Broadford. Non competative ride whatever you like, modern, classic it doesn't matter. You must have a trials tyre on the rear, or in the case of a 19" use a speedway rear.The date is the 17th but ring the track before coming to check if the meeting is on!!!!! Broadford complex 03 5784 4163.
Goes without saying that correct protective gear must be worn and you must be a financial member of Ambulance Vic or have private health cover that includes it.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:26 am »
how do we find out whats on in nsw

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:50:31 am »
 go to motorcyclingnsw website, and checkout the dirt track racing calender, there is a riverina and a hunter calender

211kawasaki

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 07:54:04 am »
WE NEED NEXT YEARS NATIONALS, WHAT ABOUT NSW OR BETTER STILL VICTORIA!! ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »
IF tailem bend gets off the ground we'll do it !
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:38:48 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline frank jnr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:29:02 pm »
The Riverina (Wagga, Griffith and other's) hold a Dirt Track Series called Golden Wheel's, it's mainly for Modern's, but there is a Class for Classic's and they always get plenty of old bikes (XL's, TT's & XT's). There Practice and Club Days are Classic Friendly to I believe. Check the website out, www.wwmcsc.com.au

Cheers

Offline steve7406

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:17 pm »
As a member of the H.C.V. which i think is about the only club still running dirttrack on a regular basis at Broadford we would like to hold the nats or state titles but like most clubs we have limited resources ie helpers we held the modern state titles this year and it was a struggle . We have a dt practice on this sunday but like allways the weather might beat us we all know a wet track is a dangerous track.We used to host viper in November as part of their club championships but they have since moved away which is a shame maybe someone from viper can rekindle the spark i'm sure the harley club would be more than happy to see them  back with as many meetings as they would like.Steven.
2000 Yamaha WR400f
1980 Suzuki RM250t
1977 Suzuki RM125b                                         
1975 Yamaha MX250b
1973 Yamaha mx360 (on the rebuild table)                                                               
1972 Yamaha dt1 250
1976 Suzuki ts 185

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:27 pm »
From one Steve to another.
I have no doubt that if you guy's put your hand up & won the Classic titles there would be a heap of people from NSW and maybe even beyond that'd be prepared to help out.
Don't be shy, from all accounts the facilities at Broadford are excellant.
Personally I'd love it as close to Syd as possible but we need to spread the word.
Go for it, DT has never been real big in VIC.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 07:31:41 pm »
While not as big as NSW, when Vic had Granite Park at Seymour, Romsey Grasstrack and Clakes' Bendigo Showgrounds, around 150 entries would be the norm.  Plenty of quickies with Ray Owen, John Dewhurst, Gary Flood,Gary O'Brien, Gary Chasemore Rod Hunter, Don Stafford etc Sadly none of those tracks are operating, although when I have been past Seymour it looked like it could be resurrected, nice and fast with long sweeping corners unlike the more modern tracks which seem to suit the chookie chasers.
Rosco86

Curly3

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »
Roscoe, in my opinion Seymour was the ultimate Dirt Track.
I've been there twice, first time to see Geoff Curtis & Keith Davies dominate and the second time I didn't have the Gonads to ride on the Sunday, that's a personal comment.
Both were OZ title events, 73 & 80, I think.
If it's a possibility I reckon we should look into it.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »
Roscoe, in my opinion Seymour was the ultimate Dirt Track.

you blokes got any pics of Seymour? i have seen the circuit 25 + years ago when i was into MX only but cannot remember it for shape size etc. was it fast ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)