Author Topic: Penrith Charity Weekend  (Read 16516 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Penrith Charity Weekend
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2011, 11:43:49 pm »
sitting here waiting for the drugs to kick in so i can sleep went to docs today conformation of broken ribs thought i would upload some pics my pit crew took,his first time with my camera and at the dirttrack

Curly3

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 06:50:33 am »
Aha, that's more like it Dave, there I was thinking you'd failed to take the bait.
No excuses from me, Anthony goes bloody good and I'm sure we'll be seeing him around for a long time.
Don't forget I'm an ex Speedway rider, we struggle to concentrate after 4 laps, I did win the unofficial 6 lapper for longvterm ADHD sufferers.
No replacement for youthfull exuberance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:08:03 am by SlideRulz »

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2011, 06:57:35 am »
Track looks perfect, I can simpathize with you Steve, they do eight over here. Pics of Ant look good.
Jimbo must be OK, he is postin stuff.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:31 am »
 Hey do you wear body armour Jim?
 When I busted a rib at Nepean a couple of years ago I had only my leathers and back brace, [of course], but after I recovered I bought a Dianese top which I would be nervous without now. Pity it covers my old Merrylands colours. Any how here's for a speedy recovery.
 By the way, its amazing what the threat of the old Velo muffler can achieve!
 Good to see every one had a good time. See you all at the next one.
 All we need now is the 2012 classics to be held at Nepean
 Cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »
think Canberra's got next years titles Pancho,(i think),or angling for it?,Slidey,was 3 tranny boys earlier,but Cec Platt had gone to bed by then,(hint,his has a V8 innit ,mines V6,"happy Days" has std 4cyc ;D), :P
ps look no dust in any of the pictures supplied by jimbo
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »
Re Luke Wilesmith 667 pre 75 25 lapper crash has got a fractrued vertabrate 6 weeks to recover. Hope Luke mends ok great dude & rider from Temora.
Regards Grasy

Curly3

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »
It don't get much more serious than that Dave.
6 weeks is a pretty good recovery time, all the best to Luke, he seems like a good egg.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 01:49:27 pm »
 I wonder where all those sliders I saw on the 'FotoForum' classic images of old super 8 stuff are today?
 cheers pancho
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:55:04 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 10:15:34 am »
thanks grasy for the update on luke.
wish luke a speedy recovery

jawa76

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2011, 08:42:08 am »
Pancho, unfortunately untill the two clubs that run dirt track in Sydney allow "sliders" (I hate that description) to run with everyone else.
Then they will sit in the sheds.
Anyone who knows anything about the history of short circuit know that this style of chassis can run safely and competitively with MX framed bikes.
I happen to know this because I competed in the 70's and 80's on both MX and Hagon framed bikes.
I have listened to all the crap that is going around about a conflict of styles etc. AND IT IS CRAP.
 >:( >:( >:(

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:22 am »
that would be unfair to 500cc if they ran ma gcrs they would only get 1 ride per round.if they keep the same format ie 125 250 500 unlim.then everybody gets 2 rides per round and also would free up 2 races per round.day would be a little quicker.
just my 2 cents worth and i do have a longtrack slider being restored to ride
jim

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »
Also raced mx (440 maico)and a slider (Godden-weslake) back in the day and can't see any reason to separate today. Restoring the Godden presently. I feel they should race side  by side in the unlimited. pros; better racing, greater progam effeciency and higher interest/discussion level. However I reckon there should be one race feature event for the sliders when there aresufficient numbers just to be a spectacle. When I hear of the CCM only races in the UK, I drool just want to be at the first corner. cons; can't think of any!
Rosco 86

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2011, 06:08:50 am »
Here, here.

Taka 100

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:35 am »
i agree fully only one exception to the rule 'boof' clarke on his speedway bike with the disc brake on the back , never knew when that combo was going to come from behind and skittle you on the first turn, a very entertaining rider rip boof.

so let the sliders off on the front grid with a 5 second gap what a spectical

expect a big rollup next year you guys have nailed it and from what i've been hearing there a lot more rider 's coming outa the closet , just need to buy bigger gear and ride up a few more cc's

love your stuff gb

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:29 am »
fellas you are getting off track here if you what to talk about sliders bring it up under the sliders tread, there are some issue here that have nothing to do with the meeting.