Author Topic: Penrith Charity Weekend  (Read 16515 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: Penrith Charity Weekend
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:59 pm »
"JIMG1AU" is this the same Jim Garvey who reported to have broke ribs on Sunday who rides 454? Just curious as i dont know his last name. Any case get well soon Jim and Ollie.....
Brett
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:13:47 pm by oldyzman »
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 10:46:31 pm »
Yeah that's our Jim. He looked a bit sad and sorry when he was loading up. Jim's a good bloke so I hope he doesn't suffer too much and is back on board soon.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 12:55:13 pm »
I just want to give a HUGE thank you to the Penrith club for giving us pre '90 fella's a run at this meeting. Unfortunately we were missing a few guy's due to the rescheduling of the Picton Amcross round. However those of us there had a sensational time.

The track was simply awesome! Tony Garrad's efforts in preparing the track has it in the best shape I have ever seen it in.

The use of transponders, despite the small hiccups early, was great. I hope the club perseveres with them in future as getting printouts of lap times cool  ;) Just got to remember to change the transponder over to your second bike each race hey Damo  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Shaun

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »
ha!,can't say done n dusted anymore,coz there was no dust ;D,track was pretty good all round! ;),seemed bit more slippery when watered than previous?,yeah Jimbo's pretty sore,(missus wasn't impressed either ;))but ribs not broken,sat nite campfire was good value,wasn't that cold,pretty quite without the turtle :-*,us 2 tranny boys were last men standing,(think it was the port ::)) ,my project TL350 wasn't quite what i hoped for,nervous f/end,& bloody misfire i can't quite get my head around?,(back to the drawing board on that one),lot of new faces too,couple old familiar faces as well,good to see Phil Young,& his ossa make an appearance,the bighorn kwaka again,Pat from ACT made the trip,congrats to all the winners,the rest,all grinners, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:07 am »
Thanks also, to the Penrith club for opening up the regs to allow Pre 90's at this fantastic event.

Had a great day a little slow in the morning with some front end issues but after lunch, I found some speed on the 89 CR500 and even managed to hold out the Vice Pres for 3 laps  ;D ;D ;D

Looking forward to doing some more in the future.

Damo

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2011, 09:48:57 am »
 Are the lap times for this event on the internet for all to see? Who knows the link?
  Also the times for the King of Nepean?
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:43 am »
Hey Brett ( oldyzman ), that TS 250 you were selling some time back won the pre 70's, or it was it's twin.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »
hope we are all home safe and sound? nice to hear the postive feed back.
didn`t know jim was beaten up, so that`s why he was packing up early.think jims missus is a nurse he will get special attention.ollie is ok facture to collarbone not broken.trying to find out how the bloke in the pre 75  25 lapper is.he was sore on sunday.
excellent presentation from the pre 90 crew thank`s shaun. tony`s track work is paying off but we have to keep on top of the watering. under the pump with the transponders it is the first time the club has used them we should of learnt about the problems by now as st george use them.what i should of done is sent everyone back out for a second pratice, but to late now.flagies is another issue the club needs to work thru, again under the pump to get the show on the road but without the flagies there is no show.so thank`s to all the flagies.
poncho good turn out for the sliders think i counted 8. kingie and lenny had a go but where`s wally.   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:06:37 pm by micks »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 05:23:33 pm »
sore as hell moving breathing is very painfull bloody ribs.micks wrong brother jap 454 wife is a nurse and as luck might be on my side is looking after our mum after an eye op today.sort of got busted when wife got home had help unloading bikes at 3.00pm i dont usualy get home till after dark on race day
will get better but no more racing for rest of the year
jim
ps was a great day as well thanks to all

Curly3

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:57 pm »
Matcho Mick, the only reason you were one of the last men standing is because you only got there at about 11pm, we already had been going for at least 6 hours and I only pulled the pin when the lovely Mrs Gras politely told us to PO, mind you I'm glad she did, took me 1/2 an hour to subdue the cramps enough to crawl out of my tent in the morning, I cramped up again big time on the trip home.
And what's this Tranny bit, you worry me sometimes.
Jimbo, harden the F up, only 2 meetings in 1 year, you have to ride at the BWP run club day, your big bro's coming up with the Gall Special for me to have a ride on, we might need some spares ;D, it is a few months away.
See, if you'd have camped at the track you wouldn't have been so toey on the track ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:55:00 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:58 pm »
Yes sliderules, that was the ts250 of mine and ex neville shepherd, i saw it on the saturday in the 25 lapper, i think it retired early on sat, A guy called John bourght it from me he was involved in heaven in the start apparantly.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »
Thanks Penrith for a well organised & social weekend, Kelly,Anthony (son) Levi (my nephew,his father Peter passed away last year from the Big C) & myself had a ball. we will be back next year to support you cause . Thanks again  ;D Wish Jim,Ollie & Luke (25 lap crash) a speedy recovery

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 06:32:43 am »
by the way wally brett chippa no7 brought the velo muffler for you but youdidnt turn up

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 06:46:24 am »
great weekend, thankyou to everyone, will be back hopefully four a couple of club rounds soon

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 10:00:45 pm »
Hey Steve how did I get hammered i was only 4.5 secs behind leader I do beleive you got lapped by my young fella on the same bike I rode 30mins earlier in the pre 75 25 laper. Same bike did 50 laps within one hour & got 2nd & 3rd in respective classes (1973 Xl250 against XR 500) Go those Honda's. We took some chrome home how did u go./