Author Topic: BSA Mettise  (Read 13302 times)

TM BILL

Re: BSA Mettise
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 06:25:56 pm »
But you can also get together with a few mates from the BSA owners club and have a few laughs

Mate that is the funniest ever  ;D what is with those geezers  ::)

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »

Just Oozzes cool  8)

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »
bill you will have to ridw my beeza, just did electronic ignition and richer pilot i Mikuni and starts 2 nd kick in jandles

Cheers Mike i will take you up on that  ;) will even buy a pair of Samoan safety boots to test the theory  ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:33:49 pm »
I think if you are going to ride Rickman BSA you need to wear the right gear, Belstaffs, Cloth Cap and a Rollie hanging off your lip to help concentration.

I think i still have a Belstaff   ;D and i can still roll a spliff  ;) did i say that out loud  :o

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »
here's a cheap alternative to the metisse kit, runs on methane

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fiberglass-Tank-Fender-Kit-Beach-Cruiser-Bike-Bicycle-/260803408970?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb918344a

Thanks paul  ;) i have plenty of methane but i had the biggest stack of my life on a pushy  ::)  so im a bit iffy on them  ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:39 pm »
What about a red Matchless Metisse ?
can email pics and contact.
cheers A

Hey alli if the Bezza deal falls over would possibly be keen  :) photos appreciated at [email protected]  :)

mainline

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 08:35:46 pm »
Thanks to Jonesy

how bloody nice is that thing to ride? I was thinking the gearchange/rear brake would stuff me up, but it was the easiest, most confidence inspiring bike I've ridden.

Well done Mr Bill on seeing the light, if the budget BSA is done by CD9 Tamworth  ::) ;D you're more than welcome to a spin.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »
mark guy woth rolie is Bill !!! and those are the taupo towing dance troupe
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »
mark guy woth rolie is Bill !!! and those are the taupo towing dance troupe

Nah the Taupo Towing dance troop looks a bit more like this .....

formerly Marc.com

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 09:56:12 pm »
Im very interested in this but my knowledge of such beast is limited  ::) i will be 50 in a couple of gear changes and i promised myself a BSA Mettise . I started racing on a Bantam and i just love the look of those mettises  :) Thanks to Jonesy and Mark Halls i have been fortunate enough to ride a couple in recent times and thats just fueled the fire  ;D
Does it look like a good buy ? he gives a reasonable description in the ad but what other questions should i be asking ?
I know shipping will be a factor but i can deal with that for the right bike  :)
Would it be pre 65 or pre 70 legal in Australia ?
http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=305619

That bike is a bargain.  (no it isnt mine)  Somebody buy it quick before he changes his mind.  If you intend onwing onw, please get teh spulling rite ~ it's a Metisse.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »
That bike is a bargain.  (no it isnt mine)  Somebody buy it quick before he changes his mind.  If you intend onwing onw, please get teh spulling rite ~ it's a Metisse.

If it was original frame and not later kit then I could see the money, looks a little pricey in today's market by the time you ship it. Besides Rickmans are supposed to be twins..... its in the Bible or something ;)

formerly Marc.com

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 09:12:09 am »

If it was original frame and not later kit then I could see the money, looks a little pricey in today's market by the time you ship it. Besides Rickmans are supposed to be twins..... its in the Bible or something ;)

Pricey?  Are you sure......  The pic of the twin you hve posted, now that is pricey and it has a 1 in front of the £3000.  I am not sure who on earth is buying them and it's a 'later kit' which you seen to think makes it worth less?  Ok, so you have to ship it.

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:17 am »
maybe I am the one that is out of touch.  Is it possible to buy a bike of this quality in Oz?  If it is perhaps I should be bringing them back into the UK....

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:03 am »
I picked up original Ricky frame in NZ for 1000 quid, tidy unit 500 motor for about 500 GBP.... but maybe just got lucky. Now I am just practising Steve McQueens signature so I can add the additional 10 grand.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 04:49:22 pm »
£1000 for a frame (why?  A new one costs less?!  The basic frame and s/a only is about £900 (plus the other parts like footpegs, adjusters, bodywork etc) £500 for a motor (good price), so you are now £1500 in.
plus some wheels (£110 for a rear rim, £100 for a front, £100 per wheel for sainless spokes and a build, tyres, tubes, brake shoes, bearings, oh yes and you need hubs etc etc etc)  You can kiss £1000 good bye all day long.
Shocks £500 (more if you want or less if required)
Bodywork?
Bars, controls, throttle, new carb.

hang on a minute this getting expensive!

Oh yes and you have to build the thing.  We even if you are very quick and very good and your hourly rate is £0.10 an hour, I cant see how on this earth you can build a bike of this quality for that price.

You you can then you are by far the better person that I am and I salute you! 

Anyway, none of that matters, it's a lovely bike and would look good in anyones garage.