Author Topic: Dave's Wake Up Call  (Read 7574 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Wake Up Call
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »
I do not know this person or have had any dealings with him, but I would like to ask the following question.

Is he selling a size 32 No Fear Mx Pants?

now thats funny...........   
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 02:50:57 pm »
The frame was offered to me at the time when l was buying the twinport pipe, l wanted a cz frame for my jawa, also l was looking at buying a cz frame from another seller over their, and l had no contact detail from russell or anybody. Anyway l am so discussed in you 090, the only dealings that l had with freakshow at the time when he bought a part of me and paid for it twice, ??? and he was refund. I just wish to say this is the straw that broke the camels back, a sport that l thought highly of for any years  has just ended, l am not dodgy and anyway. Good bye.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:58:02 pm by SAABCOMBI »

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »
The frame was offered to me at the time when l was buying the twinport pipe, l wanted a cz frame for my jawa, also l was looking at buying a cz frame from another seller over their, and l had no contact detail from anybody.
Well see you need to have a walk to the bathroom and have a good look at yourself in the mirror.
Okay first, you would not have been offered a frame from the ebay seller as he does not own any cz parts. He was selling them for a friend. I had to chase the owner of the pipes to find out what else he had and he doesn't use ebay, so that is a lie. Second, wanting a frame and purchasing a frame with money are two worlds apart. Do you wish for things and they appear? Thirdly, you had a senders details on the frame, you could have started there and on the forum here as well. Do you think you are dealing with 2 year olds with your lame excuses?

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:00:16 pm »
090, you are so nasty, you are different person,when you are on the phone. :'(

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 03:02:19 pm »
Nasty would be calling you names. I am stating facts. Now it's time to fess up and change your ways.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:20 pm »
And why would I be nasty to you on the phone when a friend was out of pocket at that stage to the tune of approx. $500 for a frame that wasn't yours to sell?

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 03:14:32 pm »

Brad, after some checking it looks like your frame was sent to the
wrong person. There is another guy in Australia who purchased a set of
360 twinpipe exhausts from Russell on Ebay. When the time came to ship
the frame Russell got you two confused and sent the frame to David Alsop in Victoria.
Russel wrote to David last night and got a response this morning saying that the frame was there and that he called you to let you know the deal. He said he would get the frame to you.

VERY sorry for the screw up.

As for the shift shaft, that was invoiced and sent to Les on invoice #506382 on April 10th. I did not add this to your bill so I sent it to Les so he could supply it to you.

Sorry again for the mistake R B
This is the last email I got from the Guy I bought it off. As you can read, Dave says that he has the frame and will let me know the deal.It was two states away.
Are you still typing Dave? Are you man enough to come clean or are you going to slink away?

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »
I paid lisa back $550, you have no right in spreading this on the forum, I made a mistake and it has be fixed end of story.

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »
brad did he contact you about sending the frame to you or at least discuss it or just sell it
Who?

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 03:31:54 pm »
Dave didn't know the real owner at the time. It was addressed to him. It never had my name on the frame. That was a mistake at the other end. It wasn't until the guy in the US worked out his mistake and told Dave who the owner was did he know. Dave should have got in contact with the sender. That is where dishonesty kicked in.

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »

I paid lisa back $550, you have no right in spreading this on the forum, I made a mistake and it has be fixed end of story.
Yes you paid it back. How was Lisa at the news? Was she happy about it? I heard she tore you another one.
I accidentally sent John Boag a new carby and Les Richters a set of footpegs instead of the other way around. John looked who the sender was, found my number and contacted me and it was sorted. That is what honest people do.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 03:41:37 pm »
He had sold it weeks before . It was already in Lisa's possession. So he sold a frame that turned up on his door step, then a few weeks later was told a frame was sent to him by mistake, then he had to start back peddling from then on to try as hard as he could to save face by reimbursing Lisa and contacting me. Because at the end of the day, he had stolen and profited from something that wasn't his.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »
Dave didn't know the real owner at the time. It was addressed to him.

This is similar to having the bank accidently transfer money into your account, just because it is addressed to you doesn't mean you own it, the test of most sections of the Crimes Act is, 'given the circumstance would any reasonable person assume ownership'. This assumption of ownership would normally be supported by the components of a contract/

Appropriation - defined at s.73(4) of the Crimes Act 1958 as the assumption of any of the owners rights
formerly Marc.com

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »
Flux, when l got the email from Russell from USA, I rang 090 straight away and told him and Lisa rang me and was very disappointed, and l understood, and l was very sorry about what l had done and l made it up to her by refunding the amount and freight. And prior to all of this l have set out to help her fine sidepipe bike or parts.

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »
The reason I felt compelled to put this up on the forum was that there are quite a lot of stories similar to this that your name is in as well Dave. That is why I named the thread a wake up call. Time to get yourself in order and dust off you conscience and start using it. It was more than a bad judgement call on your part, it was criminal.