Author Topic: Where's Me Pants?  (Read 6788 times)

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
Where's Me Pants?
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:14:26 pm »
CD8 mystery of the "Missing Pants" last seen hanging out to dry outside the campervan. No Fear Brand, size 32. Navy/White colour with Red thigh logo's.

Not having them to wear and ride with on Sunday forced myself and the family to go home early and miss the last day of riding at CD8, sniff!! Very sad to think that a fellow rider would do this to another. I could not risk riding with no pants on Sunday in case of protests from fellow riders, spectators, official and cows. i can see this turning into a case of "Where's Wally" If you see these pants please kick the bum in them, I have told my children that there will be only water on their Corn Flakes until I can afford a new set of Racing Gear. Forget the taste of milk I have told them!!

I had to break the news of no new artificial leg to my sister (Peggy) and that the Pirate outfit and eye patch will have to be worn a bit longer. Sad as she was trired of the kids in the local area trying to stick dead birds on her shoulder. My mother's operation has also been cancelled even though she needs it straight away, on the bright side she also has Alzheimers and can not remember she is sick.

Anyway, I suppose that these admissions to my hardship will fall on the deaf ears of the person that purloined my pants. Any sightings of them will be appreciated.

Photo Attached

1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: Where's Me Pants?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:28:20 pm »
sure it wasn't the fashion police that took them ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:48:54 pm »
What size waist do you have Mick Hhmm
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »
sure it wasn't the fashion police that took them ;D, :P

sshhhhhh  !!!  this is the kind of guy that has great potential in owning and rebuilding some very nice pre70 bikes  ;D  ;)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »
I don't think people appreciate how cold it gets at Conondale without pants on!
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:33 pm »
What size waist do you have Mick Hhmm
wasn't me mate,never left the shed all weekend ::),besides rongcullar ;), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:44:40 am »
you have no right to be riding vmx wearing size 32 pants,vmx should be for fat old blokes ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:03 am »
i think those pants will end up in the mardi gra parade in sydney

STW996

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:09:45 am »
Sorry to here that they were taken as it really sucks that this can happen (had a gear lever taken at CD 6 from one off my bikes so it can happen) but I must say they are correctly named as No Fear pants with that printed patten!!

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:27:20 am »
I have made light of this event, but seriously I am very disapointed that someone who has come to my campsite and I have probably talked to has spotted some of my gear and has come back and pinched my pants. Very sad, I know I am lucky that some of my other more expensive gear or hard to replace parts on my bike was not taken. If this was to happen to me often I would seriously re-think where and what events I would want to attend. We as riders and owners are proud of our machines and are happy to present them and show them to strangers, on the other side I would hate to think that at these events people would think it was a shopping aisle and would scour all the stands to find stuff worth the risck of stealing and getting caught.

This was more of a personal thing to me as I can go out and buy new gear, which is a inconvenience, but it will make me forever vigilent and some what suspicous of anyone that comes over to talk about my bike or take photo's. At CD8 there was a lot of owners that brought extra bikes and gear to show the public and other VMX members, how would these events be if owners decided it was not worth the risk. The events would surely not be as good as they are now. This sort of thing can and often does have a ripple effect and is not in the spirit of our community. 
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 10:37:00 am »
I am hopeless with my gear and its strewn all over the place. I leave a lot of old school gear laying around as well. Nothing has been taken from our site. I think your attention should focus on kids of vmx parents. It would be more likely that an under 16 yr old has taken them. Parents that took young ones should be asking them if they 'found' an extra pair of nylons.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »
I have made light of this event, but seriously I am very disapointed that someone who has come to my campsite and I have probably talked to has spotted some of my gear and has come back and pinched my pants. Very sad, I know I am lucky that some of my other more expensive gear or hard to replace parts on my bike was not taken. If this was to happen to me often I would seriously re-think where and what events I would want to attend. We as riders and owners are proud of our machines and are happy to present them and show them to strangers, on the other side I would hate to think that at these events people would think it was a shopping aisle and would scour all the stands to find stuff worth the risck of stealing and getting caught.
This was more of a personal thing to me as I can go out and buy new gear, which is a inconvenience, but it will make me forever vigilent and some what suspicous of anyone that comes over to talk about my bike or take photo's. At CD8 there was a lot of owners that brought extra bikes and gear to show the public and other VMX members, how would these events be if owners decided it was not worth the risk. The events would surely not be as good as they are now. This sort of thing can and often does have a ripple effect and is not in the spirit of our community. 
Sad , not what you expect from fellow lovers of the sport. :(
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:41 pm »
I am hopeless with my gear and its strewn all over the place. I leave a lot of old school gear laying around as well. Nothing has been taken from our site. I think your attention should focus on kids of vmx parents. It would be more likely that an under 16 yr old has taken them. Parents that took young ones should be asking them if they 'found' an extra pair of nylons.
I agree with Brad,i don't think some old Vmx'er would do it as we all have plenty of gear.
I did see a few feral's wandering around .Keep smiling and lets hope the prick wears them and get wrapped around a tree.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 01:05:47 pm »
Size 32?
Not to many VMX guys were size 32 that's for sure.Get down to pub and neck some Guinness.
Still sucks you got ripped off.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:47 pm »
Karmas a witch,the perprtator guilty will get theirs...
Not bad though considering the amount of people at the venue over the weekend and with
a blue Jacket going missing and returned at three in the morning.  :o
a set of riding gear taken 2000 odd km south  :P
a full wallet (well 200odd $-is that full ? ;D )misplaced and on its way home.
a Viper shirt in our suitcase  :o  :-X
I reckon we are an ok bunch   ;) 8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!