Author Topic: SOLD SOLD YZ125G half-finished project + spare bike + extra bits. SOLD SOLD SOLD  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
SOLD SOLD SOLD!

First two pics are old - the engine cases now have useful things inside them!  8)

Frame/suspension stuff:
38mm forks with excellent chrome.
TLS front brake.
H swingarm (longer, handle better).
Stainless pitbike foot pegs.
Very good tyres (front about 90%, rear about 85%).
Wheel, swing arm and steering bearings all good.
Almost new ProTaper handlebars.
New grips, good throttle, new levers, new kill-switch.
The paint on the frame isn't new, but appears to be a quality 2-pack job.
The sidecovers on the bike are IT175 items that I've painted, but there's a pair of pretty good YZ covers included (one crack).
New VMX Plastics front number plate.

Engine stuff:
New rod, fitted by Serco.
All bearings/seals replaced.
Barrel currently at +0.75mm (Wiseco go to +2.00MM).
New +0.75mm piston kit OR new +1.0mm piston kit (your choice - as the bore isn't new, I'd take it to +1.00mm and be happy).

Spares:
There's a basically complete bike, that's missing: Crank shaft, exhaust pipe, airbox lid, kick-start lever and cables (might be other small stuff missing, but all the big stuff is there). It would be a viable project itself - I had planned on building them both up, but have lost interest.
On top of that, there's another frame, fuel tank, ignition (maybe), triple clamps, shock, rough YZ125H frame with forks, hubs, anything else I can drag out.

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Asking $1200 for the lot, will seperate (within reason...). Will happily take price off if I can keep/downgrade any/all of the following: front wheel, handlebars, front wheel, front brake.
Located in Yass, in Southern NSW. May be able to deliver for the cost of fuel to most places within three hours' drive.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Nathan
04000 23847

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:52:52 am by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
Re: YZ125G half-finished project + spare bike + extra bits.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:32 pm »
Hi Nath
I'm looking for a side stand to suit the 125G/H and also one for the 250/465 G/H if you come across one.
cheers
Woody
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:33:16 am »
Hey Nathan, if you are trying to sell the bike it might help if you remove the decal from the R/H sidecover............you know, the one that declares the bike to be a TURD! :D

..........and the one on the L/H side which reckons it R.S!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:35:45 am by Canam370 »
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:07 am »
Yeah, probably Mr370. The point is that the bike is mechanically sweet and the alterations will make it a better race bike - the idea had been to make it the best possible Evo 125 race bike without pouring money out... Part of that was not taking myself too seriously on the cosmetics - both in terms of using the red bits and pisstake stickers.
As I said, there's a pair of original white YZ sidecovers included.

Mr Nimmo, you've mistaken my distaste for the styling and conceptual mishmash of the "Hannah replica YZ125H" as being due to some purist streak.
 If someone wanted this bike to look right, then I'd be all for it-  and it would only cost them a pair of fork boots and a seat cover ( one of the spare frames has good black paint on it).
Alternatively, if they wanted a mechanically original bike, then they'd have the parts to do that too.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:08:20 am »
Wish I had the money Nathan, I would love a 125G to evo MX. Good luck with the sale.
Just a question about the TLS brake, can the backing plate be retro fitted to the earlier hubs, or how did you do this? I'm thinking about my IT/YZ and if I left the front end as a 38mm and just fitted the TLS.
Cheers, Grahame.
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:42 am »
Goes straight in to any of the leading axle forks that originally came with a SLS brake.
I'm chasing the space as much as I'm chasing the cash... if you think you could live without some of the frills, it would be worth making me an offer... ;)

Offline rmyzit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 01:23:56 pm »
Hi Nathan I would like to releive of either a complete back wheel and brake backing plate (1st preferance) in good condition or just hub and backing plate must be right hand drive, no z spoke, thanks.
Evo

mxfool

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:24:07 pm »
Only if you were dismantling i am all for the side plates.

mxfool

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 09:53:48 pm »
Am close to hitting Ebay.

Should mention that the tank on the bike is the ugliest one I own. The others are all better.

More pics of the spares bike here: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/annaandnathan/Bikestuff/SpareYZ125G/ (there's more of it than in the pics, but that should be a start).

For MX Fool:

Note the cracks near the lower front mounting points of both.
LHS one has been painted, seems pretty good under the paint. RHS on is raw finish.

If you want, then make me an offer.

Evo, will get pics of spare wheel in daylight.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »
For Evo:

Make me an offer.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:05 pm »
PM sent

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »
PM replied. :)