Author Topic: Can't we replicate this in Oz?  (Read 8924 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Can't we replicate this in Oz?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »
nothing wrong with old motocrossers - if we didn't make up the pack there wouldn't be much for you guys at the front to crow about   ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:03 pm »
If we could muster up 100000 spectators like they do it could be a goer. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 08:41:19 pm »
Mount Kembla was a great track

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 09:43:20 pm »
Someone should send this photo to Brisbane City Council as an example of what is needed here, I know a few new sites have been talked about, like something to replace Fort Lytton in the Port Precinct and also a move of a venue currently being used by two clubs to another location. If they could allocate decent land and facilities for young kids, intermediate and expert modern MX as well as the growing VMX, Flattrack and sidecars it would be a venue and a asset to Brisbane.

Some place safe and organised for kids to learn and enjoy their bikes with Mom and Dad, a place that could hold Australian and possibly International events, a place we could all use and local clubs could benefit from the income produced. A place that was media friendly that would allow TV broadcast of events and advertising. I see money being poured into RSL Clubs after the floods so the locals who have lost their properties could go in and loose their shirts. I see money being spent on toll tunnels that we didn't want and don't use. But I see very little money being spent on our sport/sports, and for the life of me I can not understand why not?
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

IT400C

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:32 pm »
You do know about the new ride park out on the Boonah-Beaudesert Road don't you?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »
Another item of the track that is missing/dissappearing slowly in Oz and noticable on this pic is the spectator access to the middle track-upclose viewing area  :P  :P
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49:09 pm »
I'm a life member of the Flat Track society but even I'd like to ride that track.
Shouldn't the question be, Why can't we?

trailietrash

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »
Now if MNSW could convince the NSW govt to give them the right to build a Classic and Post Classic track in the top corner of Eastern Creek on the go kart track side and maintain that part of the facility i.e. don't clash with the main facility and allow camping up there when there are big events at the sealed track then a State owned piece of land could be used by more than one motorsport organisation in NSW.
Or... how about a Junior rider skill and training MX track that is rider friendly to VMX run on the concept of a "Mens Shed" that caters for all juniors regardless of gender up there in that forgotten corner of the world. Or NSWIS MX training facility.....

Or am I dreaming ... yeah I'm dreaming  ??? :'(

I just woke up and I'm still in NSW  ;D

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:44 pm »
Not all but a lot of the 90's Thumper Nats tracks were great race circuits. They offered very fast long straights, steep fast up and down hills, big single ski jumps, wide multi line corners mostly all on natural type terrain.
What happened to these tracks when MX turned totally four stroke?

Stan.

cheapracer

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
Not all but a lot of the 90's Thumper Nats tracks were great race circuits.
Stan.

Excellent point Stan - even when they started the TN series I was wondering then why all MX tracks weren't like that, they appeared suddenly (except for Conondale obviously) and then vanished.

I have a seen a distinct lack of imagination in tracks even with limited resources and as JohnnyO points out, too many tight corners 20 bloody meters from each other.

trailietrash

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »
Well my dreaming idea for Eastern Creek is out the window as most of that spare land has bee allocated to take in the new road race track....

Must be some land around the Creek fit to build a VMX track and training facility on without compromising Prospect reservoir.

mx250

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:17 pm »

I just woke up and I'm still in NSW  ;D

But they'll find $20mil to give to the forking V8's to have a race in a public park 10 kays from a White Elephant govt owner race track ::)

IT400C

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »
I'll be interested to see how this one works out... 

IT400C

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 10:53:30 pm »
I have to applaud the South East Queensland Councils and the State Government for taking a chance on something like this.

Pee Wee MX area, Novice MX area, Natural Terrain MX area, Supercross area, Freestyle area, Trials area, Flat Track, marked Enduro loops, ample paved parking....  And Motorcycling Queensland won the tender to run it..   ;D

trailietrash

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 11:43:18 pm »
I have to applaud the South East Queensland Councils and the State Government for taking a chance on something like this.

Pee Wee MX area, Novice MX area, Natural Terrain MX area, Supercross area, Freestyle area, Trials area, Flat Track, marked Enduro loops, ample paved parking....  And Motorcycling Queensland won the tender to run it..   ;D

So, I do have to applaud the Qld Governmrnt on this initative.... can't wait to drive north and spend my hard earned dollars in Queensland ....... C'mon Barry stop trying to screw the public service in NSW and do something useful for the State ... build a motorcycle riding complex!! ya fool  ::)