Author Topic: Trials Riders are Whimps II  (Read 3825 times)

mx250

Trials Riders are Whimps II
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:56:30 pm »
This is a great video of some Urban Trials riding. The scene towards the end on the bridge is awesome. 8)

http://vimeo.com/15766438

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Trials Riders are Whimps II
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:25:16 am »
Not whimpy in Tassie, 6 guys were out trail riding last weekend, one was my step son so I know that this story is one hundred percent true.
One of the guys was missing when they stopped for a smoke. They back tracked and found him laying on the side of the track in a fair bit of pain. They told him to stop putting on a act and get up but he couldnt get up so they went to get a car after an hour they returned with a car and helped the injured guy into the car and drove him to the nearest hospital for a check up,stopping on the way to get a couple of beers. When he arrived at the hospital was nearly 6 hours and his injurys turned out to be very bad.
He had a broken pelvis,5 broken ribs,2 broken collarbones , 2 broken thumbs as well as alot of cuts and grazes, good job they didnt try to get him up and back on his bike apparently he never even moaned all the way home, hence stopping for a beer. Shit he should of been air lifted, lucky he was a tough guy. Very true story

cheers
Fatboy

mx250

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:43:50 am »
Not whimpy in Tassie, 6 guys were out trail riding last weekend, one was my step son so I know that this story is one hundred percent true.
One of the guys was missing when they stopped for a smoke. They back tracked and found him laying on the side of the track in a fair bit of pain. They told him to stop putting on a act and get up but he couldnt get up so they went to get a car after an hour they returned with a car and helped the injured guy into the car and drove him to the nearest hospital for a check up,stopping on the way to get a couple of beers. When he arrived at the hospital was nearly 6 hours and his injurys turned out to be very bad.
He had a broken pelvis,5 broken ribs,2 broken collarbones , 2 broken thumbs as well as alot of cuts and grazes, good job they didnt try to get him up and back on his bike apparently he never even moaned all the way home, hence stopping for a beer. Shit he should of been air lifted, lucky he was a tough guy. Very true story

cheers
Fatboy
I think your stepson and his mates need to do a course in First Aid ::) ;) :D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:47:31 am »
 I agree! POST HASTE!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »
The poor bugger is layed up in Traction in Hospital for 8 weeks they defiantly need to do some basic first aid not that it would of helped much every injury he had was serious he has already had multiple operations and still has more to come shows how easy you can smash your self up

Fatboy

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 06:31:55 pm »
The poor bugger is layed up in Traction in Hospital for 8 weeks they defiantly need to do some basic first aid not that it would of helped much every injury he had was serious he has already had multiple operations and still has more to come shows how easy you can smash your self up
Fatboy

an amazing pain tolerance/levels..  :o

MX mates mate got hit and thrown on his road bike last weekend and landed on his backside and this rickoshade (no spell check :-\ )  up his spine and broke everything but his spine,a big shock wave up the spine !!
:-X  :'(   :'(
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »
I think these fellows are amazing to watch on these Trials bikes.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »
If he can ride like that why did he stop for the police. ;D

I got pulled up by the police on my mountain bike they wanted to know how I went so far on one wheel after they seen me go across the barwon heads bridge. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 07:59:00 pm »
Funny thing is that he was never particularly good at world level, didn't even make it to top 10 although TFT may be able to correct me on this

TooFastTim

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 08:41:54 pm »
US champ but from Belgium. You're right Tony he was never a world level rider.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 08:46:06 pm »
I was looking over his shoulder as he rode along that handrail next to the river and couldn,t help thinking how nice the water looked.
I have always had a problem looking where I shouldn,t and would have ended up in the water. ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

TooFastTim

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »
Last time I did that I hit a tree. I learned my lesson.

IT400C

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:59:10 pm »
haha - the old rule #1:

"Look where you want to go, not at what you're trying to avoid......"

::)    ;D

mx250

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:30 am »
haha - the old rule #1:

Old motorcycling adage; "Look down fall down" ;)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 09:33:48 am »
haha - the old rule #1:
Last round of the Yamaha 6 day series 1983 held at Connondale somewhere.
We had to ride up a narrow  plank over a strainer post [ Gate locked ] but if you looked back over your shoulder when on top of the post you could see all of the glasshouse mountains . Beautiful view  ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.