Author Topic: Gatton Swap  (Read 945 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Gatton Swap
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:48:16 pm »
 Making my first trip up to Gatton swap in Oct this year,  Had planned on travelling in time to arrive at about lunch time friday when the show ground is supposed to open.  Their web site says they wont allow any trading before 6am saturday morning but talking to a couple of mates who go every year tell me by then half the good stuff is already sold.    So any of you blokes go to this swap? is this what happens I know at most swaps if you have a stall then you get first pick, be it right or wrong thats what normally happens but the organisers insist this will be policed and will not happen this year
      Tell us what you think.  
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

cheapracer

Re: Gatton Swap
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:04:07 pm »
Used to be a regular each year for many years but of course haven't been for 6 years now as I'm O/S.

Stand at the gate on the Friday afternoon and see what you can spot coming in and then wonder around in the evening "helping" people to unload but of course no trading cause thats not allowed. Buying a fellow bike enthusiast a beer on the Friday evening with whom you might be trading with on Saturday morning is also of course not actually trading on the Friday.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 11:07:53 pm »
i go every year we used to get there friday morning
now its thursday but i have been told they are changing it
to sat sunday only and maybe setup friday arvo not sure
you will have to check on the web when it gets close
they have never policed the selling there its too hard to do ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »
It was always a sat only swap. They've been saying Friday set up only and no trading till sat for years.  But people started getting their earlier and earlier from about mon' onwards and fri' ended up as a full swing swap. They have been trying to stop it for the last few years.
Last year they finally gave up and made it a fri/sat swap.

I see that they now want it to be a sat/sun swap.  So I'm assuming the swap will automatically start fri arvo.  They do mention that the area will be barricaded.  The rest of the show grounds should be open for camping as people turn up as early as Monday.