Author Topic: Legends of Dirt tract  (Read 6019 times)

gettinold

Legends of Dirt tract
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:44:28 am »
I am suprised there is no talk on here about "The Legends Of Dirt Track" gathering on the 9th July in the Hunter Valley?
Has any forum members been invited?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Dirt tract
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:07 am »
Here's the info from Paul Caslick sent to his Dirt Track Mailing list, for anyone who doesn't have it
INVITATION
You and your partner are cordially invited to celebrate
A fund raising Dinner for Camp Quality
“LEGENDS OF DIRT TRACK, A DAY ON THE DIRT”
Maitland Town Hall, 279-287 High Street Maitland
9th July 2011
RSVP 25th June
Opening doors at 2:30pm, Dinner served at 6:30pm
Dress: Semi Formal
Following dinner will be auctions and raffle prizes
A dance will conclude the evening’s proceedings
$50 per head
This includes your 2 course meal and 6 drinks
Make all payments to Paul Caslick-Charity Fund Raiser
For EFT: BSB 637 000. Acc 718490804

INVITATION
Your family are cordially invited to a celebration
Of Dirt Track racing and memorabilia
10th July 2011.
At Maitland Showground, MacDonald Pavilion
Blomfield Street, Maitland
Bacon and Egg Roll Breakfast at 9am
Come and see the History of The Maitland Showground
Static and mobile displays at the showground
Classic and Modern machines
Movie footage from 60’s thru to Modern Day
Gold coin donation
Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 04:12:37 pm »
This is the first letter emailed out

Good Morning Everyone,

We hope this finds you all well,

With the Camp Quality Legends of Dirt Track fund raiser details now completed, we are asking if you could send through your contact details please so an invitation can be sent to you. Herb Jefferson, Todd Wiltshire and Pete Carney have already confirmed their availability and we have communicated with Troy Bayliss and Anthony Gunter. Alternatively you can also send through your details to Greg Rowe at [email protected].

If you’re on this list we would love to have you attend. The event will start approx 1pm on Saturday 9th July and go through to midnight. The evening will have interviews, auctions, raffles and riders honoured for their achievements and contribution to this sport. Photographs and displays of memorabilia will be on display also. The 10th of July we will be at a venue for static displays of past and modern machinery, a huge bacon and egg breakfast and for those wanting to bring their riding gear, please do so.

looking forward to your reply and most importantly look forward to seeing you all there. Ticket prices will include food and alcohol.

Best Regards

Paul Caslick and Greg Rowe.

Camp Quality sanction number : NCLE1107 DIRT TRACK

211kawasaki

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 04:59:10 pm »
love to be there just to see Casso in semi formal dress  ;D, would have to be one of those T shirts with a bow tie painted on!

Good luck for a great cause

Tanner

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
Are you going Al?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 10:08:12 pm »
Hey Steve
Wouldn't mind goin to the Showground day , the knees up is not my style !!, great idea though and good cause.

You ready for the Nats ??
Foss
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:09:59 pm by JAP 454 »

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »
I'm giving the new engine its test run tomorrow on a mates property at Bringelly, I'll tell you tomorrow night.

Curly3

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
Without promising too much, I'm more than pleased with the increased performance from the new engine.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good the bike is, if the nut on the end of the handlebars isn't up to it, then forget it.
No excuses.
Sent my money off for tickets to the legends dinner today, should be a ripper event.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39:39 pm »
Latest from Fotohound on the Legends weekend at Maitland

Date: 21 June 2011 9:24:25 PM AEST

Bcc: Dirt Track Mob #1'a

Subject: Camp Quality Legends Invitation - Reminder !!!!!!!

G'day All ,
                    the "  Legends of dirt track " night is coming up soon & with Paul's well wishes  - this is a reminder to get your acceptance and " dollars"  into the provided account as soon as you can for the catering for tucker etc ' ...

If you are not on the invite list then please contact Paul or Greg if you want to come along.

Only today -  at Cessnock -  I was yarning with Steven Gall who will be coming with Daniel Stauffer whom along with Chris Watson & a big mob of former racers will be there on the weekend .

As for me - I am very humbled to be asked along & yes my camera will be with me  - and mabye ? -  a quick lap with Pepper plus she will be there with my outfit on the Sunday display at Maitland showground !

Remember this event is not about any particular racer but about those racers - pit crews - officials - sponsors  etc - whom have made " short circuit  /  dirt / long  - track " racing -  that have had a hand in the making of  - " club , state, national and world championship racers"  -  in speedway & road racing that have put   " AUSTRALIA " on the international motorcycling racing map .

Without dirt track racing we would have no Mick Doohan's , no Casey Stoners , no Peter Goddards . no Brock Parkes , no Mick Kirkness , no Cuddlin or Stauffer brothers, no Wayne Gardners , no Stuart Bennetts , no Phil Sargents - no Josh Waters  - no Troy Bayliss ... the list is endless   ..... for the poor cuzin' of  motor cycle racing .............. dirt track .................................      the breeding ground of champion motorcycle racers ...!!!!!

As usual - are you up to it ??         " Anyone Can Go Fast In A Straight Line "

Catch some of you on the night - please try to be there - as I would like to see you there for the love of our racing   !!   

As said  -  get in touch with Paul or Greg for more information

One Crowded Hour         .........       Hoorah -   Sandy 'n' Pepper

Foss

gettinold

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 04:00:37 pm »
under 2 weeks to go!!

Curly3

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
Had a great night, heaps of leading riders from past era's but as always there were a few missing, for numerous reasons.
The highlight for me was finally meeting Herb Jefferson, what a character he is, a large photo of Herbie, shirtless in the pits went for over $250, being bid up by several ladies I should add and Herb reckons they could've taken home the real thing for $50.
In his 70's and still surf's nearly every day.
The auction was a big success and the bike display today was excellant.
Another highlight for me was going to the spiritual home of Speedway, Maitland Showground 1923.
Well done Paul, Greg and many others.
Steve

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 07:20:22 pm »
musta been a good nite was had by all slidey  ;),not too many surfaced today when i stuck my face in for a sticky,think fossill was leaving as i walked in?(or Langy lookalike  ;D),nice varied collection of bikes too,"Jack Eheret" matcho had me drooling,not too many braved the dusty practice track for a few laps either,blowing a gale,bloody cold wind, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 08:34:15 pm »
Unfortunately EA and I couldn't make it, sounds like it was a blast !!, here's the report on the get together from Fotohound.

Date: 10 July 2011 7:39:15 PM AEST

Bcc: Dirt Track Mob #1'a

Subject: Camp Quality - Dirt track Legends Night - a brief note .

Just a quickie ,
                           it was a grand night indeed with the focus being on past racers from beyond 2000 back well into the 1960's .

It may take me a few weeks before I write up a report on it plus edit the photos I took - I do believe the whole night blew everyone away as it was elbow room for all at times  - ( 308 attending ) .

The night did start on a sour note with some smack freak knocking off one of Caso's driving lights in daylight  - Jack Stevens took up the chase but ran out of puff ( start racing again Jack ! )  .

Paul Caslick and Greg Rowe put in a grand effort organising the whole event -  it was a reunion of many past short circuit / dirt track / long track racers that may well not be equalled in the future .

I do know that Paul & Greg got very little sleep prior to the event - but with a little help from some friends they pulled it off - well done you two !

Strewth !! - I got to meet Herb Jefferson , John Langfield was there with a bowtie , Keith Davies with his Golden helmet , Steven Gall , Jamie & Dan Stauffer , Todd Whitshire , Greg Primmer , Chris Watson ,  Kevin MacDonald ,Trevor Hunter , Lyndell & Arthur Butler, Graeme Baldwin , Mick Stormoth,  Darryll Woodhead, Grant Bond, Jeff Lawrence  ---- .............................

Man the list was endless .  I hope some of you can add to it for me please ? As I was just a boy watching many of them .

I sat ( at times ) with Peter & Kerry Kirkness , Luke & Brett Richards & Dean & -  Marty MacNamara  - whom was one of the "big" spenders on the Camp Quality Auction that was hosted by Ross Allan, Caso , Peter Baker and team .

As said the whole night was not about the current generation with only a handfull attending including Corey & Tom Banks along with dad Greg.

Young Tom Edwards was on hand to represent the future - at 10 years old he is on his way to AMA flat track racing  - this has come about partly through the efforts of Mick Kirkness ( my mate Rubberman ), whom at the time of writing would just be finishing a 900 mile road trip ( by himself ) across America to try to be at his next race meeting after spending hours getting his bike race ready .

Anyone got any ideas on how we can help our Micko  ? Strewth he is nearly always in the finals . Not to forget Goughy as well .

Righto - if any of you were at the night & have a good memory that I have forgot then forward it on -  as Paul Galloway & myself will contribute to the photographic side to help put a package together at Caso and Greg's request.

Say tuned & will see you at Canberra with my passenger & mate -  Tim Jones who seen the outfit for the first time today !!

Hoorah -  Sandy 'n' Pepper

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 08:37:03 am »
 Sounds like a great night, Would have loved to be there.cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

gettinold

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »
Top Night!! Even the punch up in the foyer at midnight!!.
Many top names there good turn out over 350 people.Gallies YZ495 was there at dinner too!