Author Topic: www.dirtbikepages.com.au  (Read 2049 times)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
www.dirtbikepages.com.au
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »
Hey All,

I thought I would take an opportunity to grab a free plug:)

A friend of mine has started a web site that social networks the dirt bike family, it incorporates the business world and consumer and links them with the products they want and who supplies it:) great little website, please check it out:)

www.dirtbikepages.com.au

if you would like some more info, please PM me:)

Cheers
Nada
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: www.dirtbikepages.com.au
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:01:28 pm »
That Wonthaggi Track aerial shot in Vic looks awesome -- take out a couple of ski and table top jumps and we got ourselves a nice little Nats track  :P  ;D  ahh and its the Dandenong Motorcycle Club.
I know just the big CR500 2 Stroker owner to organise one too  :D  ;)  http://www.dirtbikepages.com.au/tracks
Best is in the West !!

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 04:21:25 pm »
They run a Viper round there each year, the jumps aren't a problem but you could divert around them for the pre 75 guys.  When its all groomed its a nice dark deep loamy track. Heaps of fun.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

cheapracer

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »
Wonthaggi is still going! Bloody hell, thats great, fond very old memories there.

Anyone else here around 50 and grew up around Frankston?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 08:16:32 pm »
Novel idea that has some merit, and seems to be put together well, except that looking through the different categories for sourcing info; engineering, clubs, manufacturers etc. it seems to promoting lots of road / Harley type business’s
It’s supposed to be for dirt bikes so why does it have adds for Choppers, Z900’s Ariel clubs etc.
You can look through the yellow pages and come up with this stuff, the benefit of the site would be for them to weed out all the irrelevant stuff so we can find what we’re looking for without heaps of wasted phone calls.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »
Hoony , but he is only 38

Thanks Walter  :D but your out by 10 years,  i'm 28  ;).
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »
Novel idea that has some merit, and seems to be put together well, except that looking through the different categories for sourcing info; engineering, clubs, manufacturers etc. it seems to promoting lots of road / Harley type business’s
It’s supposed to be for dirt bikes so why does it have adds for Choppers, Z900’s Ariel clubs etc.
You can look through the yellow pages and come up with this stuff, the benefit of the site would be for them to weed out all the irrelevant stuff so we can find what we’re looking for without heaps of wasted phone calls.

yes, all that will be weeded out. The site only went live last week and it was easier to dump all the info in one hit and delete what you don't need, rather that to edit it prior. the job would have taken too much time.
All info will be relevant to the "Dirt Bike" community only.

cheers for the feed back, its what will be needed to improve the site:)

Much appreciated
Nada

Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 09:49:06 pm »
Well done to your friend Nada, once people accept new concepts it will do well, good luck to him. Vmx Mag wasn`t accepted at first early stages but look at it now, anyway good luck with it, he will do well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:51:25 pm by 33M »

cheapracer

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 01:13:25 am »

Thanks Walter  :D but your out by 10 years,  i'm 28  ;).

Then I left about the same time you were born.

I'm actually from Mornington and I bet you can't nick up to McClelland drive Frankston and then follow the rail track's dirt service road all the way to Mornington anymore - they really were good old days and we did it almost every day after school and weekends.