Author Topic: Thanks to Shoreline Motorcycles  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
Thanks to Shoreline Motorcycles
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:09 pm »
Just received my 74.5 KTM from the States -- I made the buy on the spot -- loved the photos and dived in then I thought -- bloody hell what have I done  ::) -- so I looked on here and saw a few pointers to Robin from Shoreline in Qld -- called him and from there it was so bloody easy -- he organised a pickup from the fellow who sold it to me -- picked up in a day or so and taken across a few States for a better price that I gould get -- from there to his "warehouse" and through US customs -- no Title just a Bill of Sale and then through Australian Customs and into Brissy and down to Melbourne -- he did all the paperwork and everything was spot on time as promised and NO HASSLES -- thanks Robin -- well done  ;D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Shoreline Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:08:27 am »
Nice to hear good things, and another 74.5 KTM on the tracks IMO the best pre 75 bike, they did win the 74 world champs.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Husky70

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:11:04 am »
Only after their comrades took out Falta... >:(

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:16:02 am »
There is a very big grey area in the 74 champs, The grassy knoel theory of the CZ lovers and the truth.
KTM did also win the 77 Champs so IMO he was good rider on a good bike.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »
Mmmm... well given my confirmed C Grade ranking I will probably not be the subject of any payback from the CZ camp  ::)

Althougth my son seems to like the look of it -- so if I can get him off his CRF250 and on to a "real bike" it may be another story and that could happen because this time the "latestr" engine problem is not another top end but a bottom end so together with the rest of the bike being pretty beat up it's lookin' terminal.

Oh, and the son says the only reason I like ridin' the old bikes is because I've go so much fat on my arse that the ride is sort of ok -- I have not worked out how to respond to that so I say nothing.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:24 pm »
After fitting a PVL there is very little that go wrong with them. If you want it go very fast it just needs a little porting. If your CD this year you should sample my 77 if you want to see how fast they be made to go.
If you don't mind answering how much all up did the shipping end up being? 

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
For the bike paid USD$2500 to Tom Brosius -- a man from the Penton owners group in the US
Then paid about USD$260 for the transport from Tom's place (somewhere in the middle of the US -- not sure) to California.
Then paid Shoreline AUD$1000 for US to OZ including US customs, cleaning, import paperwork and fees and OZ customs.

And as said NO HASSLES and on time  ;D

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:12:18 pm by Gippslander »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 01:05:58 pm »
Good to know and that to me seems fair. Oh I have new chain guide inserts if you need some.

cheapracer

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 01:55:03 pm »
Robin's a good guy, known him for 25 years well before VMX, won't bullshit you.