Author Topic: Young bloke to China  (Read 12269 times)

cheapracer

Young bloke to China
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:47 am »
Light Engineering shop in China

Wanted: enterprising mechanically minded young man to work in China for minimum 1 year developing race cars and other machinery. Standard small engineering practices, machinery use and lateral thinking apply – no tickets required but intelligence is! Previous experience in engineering or mechanical workshop please.

This is a great chance to live and learn another culture as well as another language. Salary will be paid at Chinese level for Westerners ensuring your stay to be quite comfortable. Housing will be provided and all work meals. Air flights will be paid for one way after the first months work, return after 6 months standard work performance.

This is a small personal 6 year old company led by an Australian and there is further opportunity for a person that shows tenacity and sharpness combined with management skills.

I mentioned young bloke but the age isn't an issue but the wage expectations would be. I will pay double the local wage which is great here but by Oz standards is shit and theres no way you would be able to send any worthwhile money home or have anything at the end of a stint.

More a working holiday for a young bloke who might be living at home who wants to see the world, learn some skills, have a bit of fun etc. and not be out of pocket. I don't see it being financially viable for someone older.

China is a developing, very modern, very safe and fun place to be right now so try expanding your horizons!

Please email [email protected]

Curly3

Re: Young bloke to China
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:07:51 am »
Take me back 30 years and I'd jump at it.
Sounds exciting for a young bloke, I'm sure you'll have heaps of interest.
Steve

cheapracer

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:27:26 am »
Take me back 30 years and I'd jump at it.

Take me back 30 years and all I would be doing is jumping.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:36 am »
How young does one need to be. Will young at heart do-got a fair bit of exprience and lots of get-up-and -go ;D

cheapracer

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 11:42:06 am »
How young does one need to be. Will young at heart do-got a fair bit of exprience and lots of get-up-and -go ;D

Maybe you should read the OP again, I just worry the financial situation won't suit an older guy. You'll have enough money while here, quite comfortable in fact but your pockets will be bare when you go back home.

I'm offering 1000RMB per week in pocket (about double the locals) which is around the same buying power here as having $1000 per week in pocket in Oz.   

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 11:42:55 am »
Sounds like a heap of fun. :)
Dare I mention the food  ;D
Probably doesn,t matter anyhow because that,s all you will be able to buy here in the near future. ;)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

cheapracer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:09:25 pm »

Yup, Maccas and KFC are shit but you can go to the Chinese restaurants if you want and get world famous Sichuan spicy food (some people recognize Szechuan).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=sichuan%20food&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=800&bih=509

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:27:26 pm »

Yup, Maccas and KFC are shit but you can go to the Chinese restaurants if you want and get world famous Sichuan spicy food (some people recognize Szechuan).
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=sichuan%20food&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=800&bih=509
I,me still a bit worried about the food and the place sounds a bit dangerous. ;D
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/offbeat/9463629/fast-growing-watermelons-explode/
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

cheapracer

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »
As much as like Asian , but after a week I need some proper bread , cheese, meat and a good red . we now have Foodland in Bangkok with all the european goodies and makes it bearable . Do you have shops like that in China yet?

With the speed that China is/has dveloped I'm not surprised people don't understand - it's no different to Oz in most cities here, shits me actually because I enjoy more traditional China and live in a smaller city for that. We have Walmart in my city (as well as the mentioned Maccas and KFC) besides the Chinese brands of Western Supermarkets.

I don't know what people imagine China is like but my Mum and Dad are coming over here in July for their first visit and Mum said "I'm not using a squat toilet" so I sent her pictures of our squat toilet, my rickshaw heavily disguised as a white Mazda 6 and the students red band assembly area/missile launch site cover also heavily disguised as a tennis court ....  

And those darn pigs and chickens running around in the living room are a darn nuisance too ...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:47:05 pm by cheapracer »

cheapracer

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 01:42:42 pm »

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »

I,me still a bit worried about the food and the place sounds a bit dangerous. ;D
yup
http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/consumers/keeping-food-safe/summer-eating/food-poisoning/
Did you read the watermellon story Racer?
Was meant as a bit of a laugh.
Well I thought it was funny. :)

cheapracer

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
Did you read the watermellon story Racer?
Was meant as a bit of a laugh.
Well I thought it was funny. :)

Yes I did and it is a genuine concern when you have a developing country and give uneducated farmers chemicals without training. May be a laff but when they did they same in Southern Spain after the irrigation program opened up vegetable farming in the desert areas, they killed quite a number of people with poisoned tomatoes in Northern cities as a direct result of untrained farmers using too many chemicals. 

Do they have  bars with the night life that goes along  ;) ?

Of course, a big city is just a big city anywhere in the world - my smaller city is a quiet one though which I happen to like.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:56:25 pm by cheapracer »

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 02:00:05 pm »
Walter dont worry about the bars and Lady Boys its nearly time for C/D 8
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »
i will be in Prag then   for Faltas party

Good on you W. Have you been to Prague before? Any other Aussies going?

mx250

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »
I did liked the exchange rate then , panty hoses where the best currency then .  8)
The speedway boys use to take Levi jeans and jean jackets in and Bohemian crystal (and Jawa spares) out  ;) 8) - so I'm told :P.