Author Topic: Booey's Beezer  (Read 4621 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Booey's Beezer
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
There's been mention of both Nigel and BSAs on the forum lately, so I thought i'd post this from 1973.

Foss

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Booey's Beezer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »
Hi Foss
Looking for detail shots of the bezza solo.Have a ccm motor that Russell Bergmeir used in his sidecari in 75-77. Couldn't keep the gearbox from breaking so they cut it off, put some studs in to take a a10 gearbox. I have wanted to put it in a solo as a similar idea to the Booey  bike. Have a diamond, rear end and a countershaft recently off ebay from WA. As soon as the weslake godden gets its wheels attached the ccm is the next project. Have a 2 valve or 4 valve head to fit ( which is basically a wessie copy from what I can see) Any pictures/info much appreciated.
Rosco 86

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:45:31 pm »
Hey Foss, in Carls first season for Brum (74), a young up & comer, Allan Grahame, rode Beeza's.
Allan's father worked fo BSA for years and scored several engines while they were in their death throws.
I wonder if he still has them?
They looked very Weslake didn't they?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:35 pm »
Hey Roscoe
Unfortunately thats the only photo I have of the BSA speedway engine, maybe Dutch on this forum could help you there.
Steve.
I knew someone rode the BSA engine for a while, forgot who, but you came up with the name, they do look a bit Wessie like , dont they ??
Foss

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:14:33 pm »
Apparently very similar on the inside as well.
I've got a B50 engine minus a cylinder head that Dad wanted to fit a Wesy head to and put in an Elstar for Short Circuit.
Probably his last racing project.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »
Hey Rosco
Sounds like an interesting project, your  BSA Speedway bike, just had a look through the article in the magazine , Australian Speedway News , issue 55, and it mentions that the gearbox has been lopped off and a countershaft fitted, recirculating oil supply retained and total loss battery ignition, no doubt these days the ign could be improved.
As I said , try to get in touch with Dutch through the forum, as he seems to be a bit of an authority on unusual Speedway and Longtrack engines.
Good luck with it, let us know how you get on .
Foss

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:32:48 pm »
I just had a quick look on the Vintage Dirtrack and Speedway Motorcycles website, sorry I still don't know how to post a direct link.
There is a bit more of it's history on there and even brother Carlos gets a mention.
http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/archives/speedwaybikes/index.htm
Hey Foss I did it, but don't ask me to do it again.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:13:41 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »
Smart arse. ;D

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 01:46:02 pm »
Will post some pics when I get going. Have a few odds and sods left to finish on the mk 1 wessie in a 77 centreport godden frame. Hoped to have it ready fo rNats in brissy but not quite there and i'd like a couple of practice runs before racing it, just to see if the back is up to it.
rosco86

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »
C'mon Roscoe, you know you want to.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
Luv to, but waitin on some wheels from Titmans. In training though. Had a great fall at the tip the other day. Just the way to find out in the 5 fused discs will hold together!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 08:29:10 am »
Some more information has come to light,from SliderRulz, about the BSA Speedway motor , as tested by Nigel Boocock and others , here is the article, written by Bob Currie, from the Pommy Classic Motorcycle magazine.

Great yarn about what might have been except for the bean counters !!

Now , all I want to see is someone with a BSA with a Wessy head

Thanks Slides, for the info, sorry I took so long to post it !!

Foss

Curly3

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:18 am »
Thanks Foss, that article was passed onto me by Gus Priem.
From what I can gather 1 of the 3 is owned by former World Champ Peter Collins while Alan & Andy Grahame have the other 2.
Brother Carl rode with big Arthur & Alan at Birmingham, Alan's father worked at the BSA factory when they closed down.