Author Topic: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest?  (Read 39369 times)

firko

Re: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »
Mark Beckman come on down!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »
Hi Mark ,
Good to hear from you ,
If you follow this forum for a while you will soon figure out those who;
 makes things happen ,
 watch things happen ,
and those who wonder what the f**k happened,
oh yes, and  those angry old men who just want an arguement just for the hell of it .
those who know you well know where belong,
cheers buddy.
:

TooFastTim

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 06:01:47 pm »
I thought they used 531?
They do Tim but it's pretty hard to get Reynolds 531 here so 4130 or something close would be the logical alternatives.

Thanks Mark and Geoff.

cheapracer

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »
Hi Mark ,
Good to hear from you ,
If you follow this forum for a while you will soon figure out those who;
 makes things happen ,
 watch things happen ,
and those who wonder what the f**k happened,
oh yes, and  those angry old men who just want an arguement just for the hell of it .
those who know you well know where belong,

A number of people have me already privately contacted me and 35 years retailing in the automotive industry has taught me thats the way it works, the ones who are serious find you and the rest talk about it - with respect some of that talking can be fun, entertaining and sometimes enlightning.

Bit of a hint Cheapracer.
It takes about 500 posts on this forum to figure out who you can piss off and get away with it.
Just a hint. :)

Only one rule, don't piss off moderators - the rest just finds a natural balance eventually  ;)

firko

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 09:15:21 pm »
And the pedantic snobs that those angry old men just love to bait. ;D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:27:03 pm by firko »

cheapracer

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »
Wasp, sure I was going to do it from measurements from a genuine frame thats 10,000kms away and lots of pictures.

Of course I will keep a build log, I do want to garner interest. Tube will be 1020 DOM made by a local German company.

cheapracer

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »
i think 1020 DOM will be good . Polishing and plating should also be of an advantage , where you are .
Will you be looking at making fibre glass ass. , or  polished Alu ?

The working of and material standard of 'glass is excellent here (besides I do most of it myself) and very cheap whereas aluminium isn't and I can't form it so it's an easy choice.

cheapracer

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »
How about Kevlar ? Its just , I am a bit scared of the fibre glass , since my new Metisse tank bubbled . It would also be a weight saving . When its painted you wouldnt know the difference .

No problem with my 'glass because I don't do gelcoat which is nearly always where the problem's start from.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 09:43:06 pm »
 ::)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 09:02:59 am »
he will certainly be busy with this and his cz hub makeing venture from  the other thread  ::)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:53:00 am by paul »

firko

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2011, 09:30:30 am »
I'd like to be the first customer for a frame and one of those pesky CZ hubs. As soon as I see the first one roll off the production line, my people will be in touch with Mr Beckmans regarding payment and shipping.

I'm so excited I'm having trouble holding food down. ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:54 am »
i.ll have one 2 they look like they will be popular ,better throw in 2  cz  hubs as well
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:53:12 pm by paul »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:19 am »
btw mick d was looking for a cz hub

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2011, 11:58:55 am »
VMX world aside, as a street bike there's potential for the Kawasaki W650/850 motor and the new triumph twins. As they get older and cheaper people could afford to buy them for donor motors.  As for singles, plenty of cheap XR600's,  XT/TT600's, DR650's ect. that you could pick up for donor motors as well.  I rethought the water cooled idea, a radiator might not look right on a classic styled bike.  I talk to a lot of younger blokes that say they want to build a classic bike but don't have the dollars for a Harley or old Trumpy.  This could be a great alternative.  The first time I saw a Metise in the flesh I thought it would make a great looking street bike.  So I would love to see this get of the ground.

firko

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:20 pm »
All pisstakes aside, I also think they'd be a good thing and I suppose Chinese manufacture would put them in the right ballpark pricewise. My concern is that after 25 years in the VMX community I've become a bit cynical of these type of 'great ideas' . Off the top of my head I can think of three distinct Metisse replica proponents and another sprouting to build Cheneys "better than Eric". Each time I got excited by the idea I was disappointed by the non appearance of even a prototype. I now take these proposals, no matter how sincere they seem with a large dose of sceptism.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:48:29 pm by firko »