Author Topic: Has Bulahdelah (Crawford River) reached it's used by date??  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Sgt Hugo Stiglitz

• Novice
    • View Profile
Muddy....Dusty....Muddy....Dusty!
With road upgrades making water trucks impossible to book, it's almost guaranteed races are going to be dusty.
If it's not dusty, the races in the cooler months are guaranteed to be muddy or just outright slosh.

So, why invest in a track that is less than ideal??

Hugo.

Everyone in the German Army has heard of HUGO STIGLITZ.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Has Bulahdelah (Crawford River) reached it's used by date??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »
Maybe the same old story of "Use It or Lose It".
Places to ride are becoming rare as the cities are expanding and people like to find that rural lifestyle and find themsleves next to a VMX Natural Terrain paddock.
Broadford in Victoria is a prime example of where the government should be supporting these sporting venues and providing a buffer zone of say 10/20km around to avoid the above situations.
These tracks we have now are precoius and need to be supported in everyway ...and too bad if they are mud or dust cause youve gotta score at least one good ride day there,even if it is just to catch up with ya mates.  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:37 pm »
Hugo, in a word NO!!
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
  • 250H 125D it490 looking for pre75bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:46 pm »
Hugo if you think it past its used by date have you got a track ready to go and where in oz is it never dusty or muddy all year round,a lot of peple have worked hard to keep & inprove this track and all tracks we ride all over oz we nead more people to put there hands up and help out clubs to keep the tracks open and in good nick .if you have a track/land to use bring it on ,
Hope to see you at CRC  ;D
Cheers Don

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »
The road works won't go on forever.
The promised ripping of the track should make it less bumpy and less dangerous.

I've not been the biggest fan of the track, but I think you'll struggle to find anyone who reckons it would be a good thing to abandon any race venue...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

palooka

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 05:28:54 am »
Them road works will out see us, been in progress for about the last 30 years.

My take on the Bulahdelah track is it's only suitable for pre75 you only need to look at the bikes of the above supporters and Hugo is correct when he states that it's either a mud hole or a dust bowl plus the tracks there NEVER flow and whats with the so called super track, I've seen slow riders take 5 mins to complete a lap and they do 5 lap racers......a joke. John #185

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 07:19:06 am »
You guys are forking joking arent ya ::)
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 11:57:28 am »
sounds like some of you NSWmen are getting soft, its a great track no matter the conditions, maybe stay home and watch bowls is the go ;D

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »
    Yeah -mud and dust (yukky stuff) what the ---- are they thinkin' maybe they could hold it on a bowling green between ends ::)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »
If you get hold of set disc harrows or buy some ( they go cheap at farm actions ) You can drag them behind a good 4x4 or tractor if you have one, will do wonders for a track thats got hard packed and bumpy.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 01:27:45 pm »
sounds like some of you NSWmen are getting soft, its a great track no matter the conditions, maybe stay home and watch bowls is the go ;D

Indeed. I can't recall a race meet there that hasn't had at least one Big Crash/ambulance ride, though. Definitely has more injuries per race meet than the other tracks we go to.
I think a lot of people get complacent because its 'only a grass track', when the reality is that its a fast track over rough natural terrain. That's what brought me undone, and its rarely the fast guys who are battling for the lead who get hurt.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 02:32:05 pm »
I have raced at Buladelah for the last 5 or 6 years and more times than I can remember the racing has been cancelled due to either blinding dust or 3 foot deep mud.

It is 3 hours north of Sydney and a big cash outlay only having racing cancelled due to no water truck etc.

I enjoy the track don't get me wrong but the track is long overdue for some ground maintenance etc.

STW996

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:24 pm »
I have only raced there twice

2009 CRC when the track was excellent with just the right amount of rain and 2010 at the CRC when it was as wet as a shag and although I enjoyed 2009 better 2010 was a real laugh.

Due to business commitments I can't make the CRC this year but hope it is still around at this venue in years to come. To me it is a top track.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 06:32:37 pm »
2006 was my first year at CRC, it was that wet the big fella( magoo) helped this little fella (thats me) drag my 400D back to the pits covered in clay, it just died in the mud, I think it took us 20 minutes and a 6 pack of VB at the end, but what a great year that was.
I think the only thing has a use-by date is us ;D, and quailty tracks like CRC should be held onto and not let go just because it's tooo tough for some, and Nathan yes you have accidents if people ride beyond their limits on any track. Bloody pussies, geez ::) get 6 pack of Vb's in ya and toughen-up :-*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:15:16 pm by worms »

ted

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 07:36:42 pm »
Wet, Dry or Whatever...I dont give a toss

I just wanna know why it will be no good on the pre-arranged date but will be fine the week after...as i asked the same question over a week ago

I just hope it isnt to spite Retro