Author Topic: comp kit - shed engineers come forth  (Read 13136 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: comp kit - shed engineers come forth
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 02:55:23 pm »
Lozza like i said im taking a whole fricken bike with me that works and will swap over every thing until it purrs !.

I has a brand new mukuni and Betta bikes tested the electrics, what ever it is is hidden.  IF i peice out bit by bit it will have to go, then ill reverse engineer until the last piece i put on/ take off is in my gunsights.  ( then it will end up being a stuck kill switch ) ooh hango on a sec  ;D
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 10:46:43 pm »
Cracked intake manifold rubber?

Rosco400

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »
Lozza pulled my barrell off after and had hairline crack on baseline both mounting holes which couldnt see with motor in bike, actually fell off in his hand, apparently happened to a few of the early bikes, might be worth a look, mate who also recently purchased rm370 found same prob on his and few posts on old forum pointed this way ???

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 08:23:39 pm »
Cracked intake manifold rubber?
yes, but it idles ok it wont hunt off. also it dies when you ride, but revs its nuts when you twist on stand.  Im trying to get down there tomorrow to start on this sarga again.

Yes the intake rubber is cracked, have stuck silicon over to see if it made any doifferance = none at all

Rosco whats a baseline ? what fell off in your hand, part of the barrell ? im lost on where you are help me get my bearings on where you are point ing me.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Rosco400

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 02:54:45 pm »
base of the barell where four mounting bolts pass through, if barrel not pulled flat down on cases, vibration can crack around mounting points, base of barell actually broke away on one side of the rm465 through mounting bolt, hairline crack around other, i like you was thinking blown crank seals at first and prepared for leakdown test, same symptoms as what your saying, very hard to see so clean with degreaser and get bright torch and put your best magnifying glasses on, look very closely around mounting holes, baseline probably not best wording, sorry freaky :-[

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 08:59:35 pm »
did you take piccy ? id be interested to see it for future referance, can you post it for us
74 Yamaha  flattracker's