Author Topic: Dusty day in NZ  (Read 3578 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Dusty day in NZ
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:07:11 pm »
Hi guys, I hope this works. I have recorded a bit of helmet cam of the pre75 race in the weekend. It was very dusty as we havnt had any rain for a long time. The 125's, 250's and open all race together.
Anyway the helmet cam is an 'Oregon Scientific' that just clips to ya helmet and they are about $230 so dont except great footage or sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1rL4ZP0nE
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

YSS

Re: Dusty day in NZ
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:40 pm »
Thats a proper VMX track , you are so lucky in NZ.  Was Chris Drake there in this race ? Do you know him ? regards Walter

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:18:23 pm »
very good ..cool ride dj...how was the airfilter after that day or did you have to replace it after each race...was mike there on the big honda 500RF... :)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:57 pm »
Chris Drake, I cant say I know him Walter but then again I'm terrible with names. What does he ride?

The day was very dusty as you can see. It has been a very long hot dry summer over here(will for NZ conditions anyway) but as some of you will recognize the guy in the white top out to the left going into the first corner is TMBill, and of course Eno is there in a white CZ shirt riding his 400.  ;D

Ian P

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »
Cool DJ.  I can still taste the dust!! And have some good bruises from the rock hard ground!!!

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:26:48 pm »
Andrew, no Mike wasnt there, which is very surprizing. But to keep you happy, Murray Anderson was riding his CR480. Him and Danny had some great battles and in one race they finished half a front wheel apart. Danny was riding his RM500.

YSS

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:52 pm »
Chris is a Huski man , he was here in Adelaide for schooling and he told me all about this great tracks.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45:57 pm »
Walter I think I know who you are talking about now, but I'm sure he wasnt there. Although Jean had his Husky there I didnt see many others.

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:38:36 pm »
Walter chris Drake lives in the south Island ( Christchurch ) Top bloke Chris  :)He doesn't compete in the Mr VMX series witch is run in the north Island.
Usually catch up with Chris a couple of times a year when i go south racing.
DJ and the EEL came last time and now there hooked :D
If any of you blokes want to try VMX kiwi style and cant make the mr Vintage series i would recomend the Christchurch club events  :)
On top of great racing they have awesome pubs and legendary hospitality.
Some of you will know Cocky Meadows & Darryll Poulson both from Christchurch.

eno

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:54:57 am »
 ;D Fookin' awesome DJ.

firko

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 09:02:37 am »
Chris Drake is a good friend of Klub Kevlar. He's been over here to race numerous times along with Rob Happer, Malcolm Seargent and others. He was one of the Kiwis who were infamously treated atrociously by the then HEAVEN management at the Crawford River Classic a few years ago. There's a fair chance he'll be attending CD5.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:04:13 am by firko »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 03:33:49 pm »
Another bit of video of a track we have used a few times for the Mr VMX series. It is only about a quarter of the track in the footage. The track was used for the final round of the series last year and myself and Brian went out and had a ride in the paddock about 3 weeks after the final round, it was a bit damp in places so we didnt ride to much of the track, but it will give you a general idea of the natural terrian the Kiwi VMX boys give us to ride on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnHJQVbj9E

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »
you guys have got some of the coolest tracks in the world....i must admit though i dont like them cliffs,imagine if the throttle got stuck wide open in 4th gear comin into those turns before the cliff...  :o

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 07:45:16 pm »
Thats when you do your best 'Ghost rider' impersonation

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 07:49:36 pm »
LOL.... :D :D :D ;D