Author Topic: Dellorto Jets  (Read 1031 times)

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Dellorto Jets
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
I am running a Dellorto VHSB 38 QS Carb on a 500 4 stroke. I have managed to find some main jets of Ebay. I would like to try a #258FN needle jet and a pilot jet smaller than a #33. Tried Ktm for the pilot and they only went to a #33 which is what I have. Bike starts with no choke. I am thinking the smaller needle jet might help by closing the hole up between needle and needle jet when throttle closed. I know mikuni sell different size needles at the non tapered end which effects the pilot circuit, I am thinking of trying to get same effect if a #33 pilot is the smallest I can buy. Is anything smaller available. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated
Cheers Neil.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Dellorto Jets
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:02 pm »
PM your details
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:32 am »
Try a Ducati shop, i've purchased different tapered needles and a range of jets from the local Ducati shop for my Dellorto carb.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:13:22 am »
Green Flag Karting in the US. Dellorto's are a size jet so you can solder and redrill to size. You will be using a K series needle and undoubted you will be using a K53 to 55. I have never changed the needle jet. Your  local Kart shop will have jets 160 to 180 (also K27 and K92 needles) for $5 as they are the only homologated jets/needles. VHSB has a transition jet from pilot to needle but seems to make no difference.
Jesus only loves two strokes