Author Topic: Trouble at the Top  (Read 8078 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble at the Top
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 09:01:20 pm »
CAMS Mk2.
Same mistakes, same secrecy, same overblown administration, same disconnect between the lingers and the decision makers.
To be fair, MA haven't forgotten about their core function and don't appear to be anywhere near as corrupt.

The AASA is/will be offering much simpler, cheaper event permits (inc comparable insurance) for bike events. They've made huge inroads into four wheeled motorsport, while CAMS buries its head further into sand.
The nature of bike racing will make it easier for punters to swap between insurance providers, but MA's better track record means there's less reason to avoid them.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »
Forgive my ignorance Nathan :-[ but what is "AASA"?
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:04:18 pm »
Australian Auto Sport Alliance.
Basically, they tie back into Bob Jane, Benalla Auto Club (and therefore Winton ;)) - but the real reason it exists is because CAMS moved so far away from its original structure and goals. Virtually all of the tarmac rallies in this country are sanctioned by them now, and about 50% of circuit races.
Ironically, gravel rallying has been the slowest to move over, even though its the branch that is treated most poorly by CAMS.

Anyhow, Google is your friend if you want to know more.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 12:39:49 am »
Would AASA work in NSW? My understanding is that the Motor Sports Act only recognizes MA and CAMS as the Sanctioning Body (is that the phrase?) in NSW. 

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 05:00:07 am »
Must do going off the article as it seems they have a tie in with eastern creek

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 09:03:14 am »
AASA is tied with Eastern Creek , Wakefield Pk and Winton tracks, Formula Extreme runs under AASA sanctioning, you can run at a AASA meeting with a MA licence but not the other way round. AASA has effectively 'locked out' MA from running the Superbike championship in NSW. The Eastern Creek/AASA/Formula Extreme allience isn't squeaky clean either, my spy told me that allegedly ARDC (Eastern Creek operators) were pro-actively campaigning to stop ANY development applications for new greenfield circuits being approved in NSW. While at the same time applying for funds to extend Eastern Creek to make 2 circuits.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:39 am »
Same ol same ol,i bet the executives travel to all events while screwing the punter yet again. VMX in Unzud runs on its own after years of giving money to NZ body. Find a paddock (know NSW cant do this) peg it out,take 3rd party insurance,give the farmer a bottle of Rum for paddock = Same old bikes sameold fun. but then its tuff living in the Shang re La of the pacific if your into VMX.....lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:17 pm »
AASA is tied with Eastern Creek , Wakefield Pk and Winton tracks, Formula Extreme runs under AASA sanctioning, you can run at a AASA meeting with a MA licence but not the other way round. AASA has effectively 'locked out' MA from running the Superbike championship in NSW. The Eastern Creek/AASA/Formula Extreme allience isn't squeaky clean either, my spy told me that allegedly ARDC (Eastern Creek operators) were pro-actively campaigning to stop ANY development applications for new greenfield circuits being approved in NSW. While at the same time applying for funds to extend Eastern Creek to make 2 circuits.

The ARDC is the real issue there. I can tell you stories that would make you cringe...

The Benalla Auto Club have 'engouraged' clubs to use AASA insurance at Wakefield (and I assume Winton), but there's no compulsion.
The other point is that as a track owner, they are no longer compelled to pay the outrageous CAMS track licencing fees... Its a business decision that might not suit everyone, but it's their decision.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 09:16:10 pm »
So where does Warwick m/cycle club fit into all of this?
I have heard that they have told MA/MQ to take a flying fig and have set off on their own and are going from strength to strength.
Club numbers are up and all is supposed to be going well. Time will tell I suppose.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »
mmmm.....Interesting day today....at MX
Too many chiefs uptop and they are making more money out of us country small fry as we seem to have the right formula...
Do we have to continue doing this,for them to sit high and make the ching ching $$ !!
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:58 pm »
What is it that stops some people from representing an organisation without fanfare or fuss. All that is required is humility, good old fashioned integrity and hard work;.......for the organisation, not yourself.  :-\ :-\

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
and they rely on that ,for us to do just that  :P
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 07:58:30 pm »
What is it that stops some people from representing an organisation without fanfare or fuss. All that is required is humility, good old fashioned integrity and hard work;.......for the organisation, not yourself.  :-\ :-\

Its a combination of things, but I reckon the main thing is that its all about politics. Basically, to get to the top of the ladder, you have to be the kind of person who will push other people off to get there.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 08:43:00 pm »

Its a combination of things, but I reckon the main thing is that its all about politics. Basically, to get to the top of the ladder, you have to be the kind of person who will push other people off to get there.

You've hit the nail on the head , there Nathan , after serving twice on the MNSW Dirt Track committee , we both gave up because of all the mindless politicking and egotism, one criticism levelled at EA and I was that we  were,
" too close to the riders "
Bloody hell, thats who it all is supposed to be about , isn't it ?

Foss
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:44:32 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »
So here goes, if I have paid MQ to have an event in Qld that is open to riders(and passengers) from anywhere
in Aust to attend and race at, why dont either MA or MQ include it in there web site/magazine calender???

Do they truly want us to pull our 50.000 odd grand in open licence fees out of their organisation and go elsewhere or is it what they wish for?--you tell me, 'cause that's about where we are right now!!
I would have thought that from the report they might just need that money!!