Author Topic: you need this shock  (Read 2393 times)

Offline ozyditcher

• B-Grade
  • saddleback park made me leve Oz
    • View Profile

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: you need this shock
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:32:09 pm »
So what do you reckon it is ??
I happen to be in the market for one at the moment.  Both the ones I have collected have rust spots on the shafts.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile

squirtmoto

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »
FWIW Mate, It's a stocker that someone has machined up a threaded sleeve for the body and a finned one for the gas cylinder. If you look closely at it you'll see the circlip that retains the OEM collar and the clicker knob is stock. Pluss who would do this and use the standard rubber hose? It may have been modified internally who knows, but you could do these same mods to your own shock

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »
Yep, nearly suckered me in, if it had rebound adj - then it may be useful...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »
We've talked about this shock on here before and the fact it's a modified stock shock. By the way it has a rebound adjuster but not compression..same as std.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:37:45 pm »
Gday Johnny,
Just goes to show the depth of my knowledge.... Thanks for that pointer. Will this shock fit a yz125e...
Chers Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »
It would only fit G or H model YZ's. You need to get a shock from a D or E model, they're a different length to all the other models.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:19:05 pm »
FWIW Mate, It's a stocker that someone has machined up a threaded sleeve for the body and a finned one for the gas cylinder. If you look closely at it you'll see the circlip that retains the OEM collar and the clicker knob is stock. Pluss who would do this and use the standard rubber hose? It may have been modified internally who knows, but you could do these same mods to your own shock

Thanks for that - I'll leave it alone  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »
Those machined reservoirs were a common addition back in the day. Gally ran a White Bros version on his 465 and several other companies offered them .They were part of Al Bakers FMF "works OW" package.
I got a couple NOS one that dont use the standard piston or end cap ,not sure what brand they are.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »
The main problem with those shocks is that the bodies wear out , you need to replace the shock with a FOX,Ohlins or modern aftermarket like YSS. Or do whats been done here and replace the main part of the body with something better.