Author Topic: VMX NZ 4TH ROUND CRASH  (Read 5141 times)

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
VMX NZ 4TH ROUND CRASH
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX NZ 4TH ROUND CRASH
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
Thats a shocker. Lucky not to have been hit from the following pack.

ted

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:24:03 pm »
They breed them tough over there

Stankflapper

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:38:55 am »
Nasty, but could have been a lot worse if he got run over. Very lucky guy.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:32:45 am »
Who was the track designer.....having a blind jump so close to the start.....not good.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:20:29 am »
Who was the track designer.....having a blind jump so close to the start.....not good.

Joan its the Same forking track design that was run sucsessfully at Roberts farm through the 70s and 80s ::) Watanabe debuted the  RM 125X there and the track and venue have hosted many many champions in the day .
Ole mate had brain fade is all  ;) not to worry wev'e marked you out a nice flat oval in the car park at Taupo with no nasty blind jumps  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:23:46 am by TM BILL »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:18:01 pm »
I heard Joany Tite bumped his head yesterday so he might be feeling a bit soft today. Nice tyre mark on his back where someone hit him when he was dozing too.
They could make it the regulation width for a start. That's nowhere near 8 metres.

TM BILL

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »
It is the regulation width , twice as far as from one side to the middle  ;) i think your confusing us with an MA event .
We make our own regulations and the only people wer'e answerable to is the punters  ;) if they dont like it they will vote with their feet  :)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »
i think your confusing us with an MA event .
We make our own regulations and the only people wer'e answerable to is the punters  ;) if they dont like it they will vote with their feet  :)

I can remember being flag marshal there as a 12 year old kid when Ploen and Miller were racing RM370s etc so that jump and layout has been there a long time. So about 3 generations of NZ Motocrossers are pretty familiar with that jump, but it has got smaller with time, used to be far bigger when I went over it  ;D
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 03:04:44 pm »
Marc the video and photos dont do it justice it is a big drop  :)
Mate im envious you got to ride it in the day  ;D It was all over there before i fled the mothership so i missed out first time rd . I lived in Whakatane for about 12 yrs and enjoyed the locals reminissing about the great days of roberts farm , it was a real Coup by some dedicated locals to secure the venue for a vintage meeting and it would have to rate as one of the best tracks weve had here in a while, the history that goes with the venue was just a bonus.
Iv'e tried to look at Joans post objectivley and concluded  "yes i object " :P
Joans just getting too old  ;) time to park em up and take up a role in admin  ( like me he has the natural people skills to do it  ;D)
Hopefully the lads can secure Roberts farm for next season so some of you blokes can come and judge it for yourselves  :)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »
I was talking to said rider today he did not even get the ploen cross up right before crash landing,said his wife was yaping and i told him thats why you dont take wifes to vmx!!! and Glen stuck his knee in the tank,still better than the family jewels in the tank.
Loved that track in the 70s,steeper than it looks,Ploen,Moss Smith and Miller jumping over it was the stuff of legends.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »
Just as well there was no footage of the cr tree climber  ;D
The track looked great when I walked it & I was really looking forward to the races but the flywheel key decided to bring a halt to precedings. I didn't think that jump seemed too bad & rolling off was always a option

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »

[

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:47 pm »

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:01 pm »
In a word "Coooool!!!"    8)
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"