Author Topic: Viper round 1 blue rock *i dont blame you* today  (Read 3037 times)

BEARVMX

Viper round 1 blue rock *i dont blame you* today
« on: April 10, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »
Gidday all, well I have to say those were the worst conditions I've ever ridden on, over 30ml of rain the night before, then rain during the day in 2 big bursts with wind, and then finally sunshine late in the arvo. To tell the truth I'm so f**king wind burnt from not wearing my hat diring the day (bloody idiot), don't let the overcast weather fool you, you will get burnt. Now for the good news, a star is born - Andy Marshall Viper#70 - he just went out like a demon posessed and cleaned up the 125 & 250 classes. I dont think we will ever get the smile off his face, well done mate, about time someone else got a trophy. By the way I got 3rd overall in the pre 78 class, not bad for 3 last places Ha Ha, not to mention the get off in front of the canteen, I thought I would just get up and bow to the crowd, much to their enjoyment!  For those that didn't ride it was probably the best decision you made. For those that did, well done to all of the riders who managed to paddle their way around the track.  A special thanks to Dawn Baker and the corner stewards who braved the elements on such a miserable day.  Photos to come.  Thanks also to Mark, Michael and Jo for taking the time to photograph all day as they did.  Bear.

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Viper round 1 blue rock *i dont blame you* today
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

You know it's tough out there when..............

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »
Preceeded by this

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:54:08 am by yamatragic »

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:41:49 pm »
Thanks Gaz had a top day despite my new pit tent taking a dive in the wind on sat night.
Had some great close racing in my classes shit hot fun I like the mud and everything just
came together for once.Haven't been this sore for a long time but it was worth it.
Thanks to Ken & Dawn  for a great sat night chin wag and Bleurock MCC for having Viper
back this year.
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 07:28:38 am »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:17:13 am »
Tricky but grouse anyway, sure beats gardening or trinket shopping & latte's! For those that squibbed out after practise or one garden gnome sized person in particular (no names FDR) who didn't even get the bike out on the track, you missed out. A good sailor sails all seas, the same goes for VMX. It was your mind that defeated you, not the conditions or the track. One fat old bald bloke, rode with a busted bone in his hand and managed to take home 2 first place medallions! ;D Maybe some lessons in the art of Zen might be in order for you guys. Seriously though, it was tuff and a big applause for all involved in the organisation, and especially for the flaggies out in the wind, rain, sleet and almost snow.
Cheers,
K

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 10:46:06 am »
With a few familiar faces missing from the 1st round, I trust you will all get behind Viper for Round 2 at Monza Park on May 22nd. Well done to all competitors, as it was a tough one yesterday. Big K, very admirable & well done. To Ray Stevens who told us at sign in that he'd taken a decent fall thru the roof of his shed on Saturday & was still in emergency at 9pm Sat night, a good effort from you also. And to Bear, thanks for the giggle after taking your tumble & bowing to the crowd. Corner Duty is always an issue, so thanks to those that spent the time in the wind, rain & the sun when it finally came out. It was also good to see some new guys with VMX bikes who came for a ride yesterday.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:47 pm »
Yup, another great effort by the organisers, cant thank the flaggies enough for braving the conditions to wave a flag for us. Muddy, but still a great day out. i had a couple of blonde moments, missing the first evo 250 race thinking that there was a race between the pre 85 and the evo 250-but there wasnt !! and ending up taking a dirt sample in the second expert race while dicing for a place, doh!! All in all though great to catch up with fellow racers after the break, and get back into it again. THanks again to the Bluerock club for a great venue, and thanks to Big K for being the taxi service tto the races.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:18 pm »
Being involved with Viper & Modern MX for many years now, I must say that the standard of riding at Blue Rock on Sunday was truly exceptional in possibly the worst conditions at a Viper Event in many years. Some of the newer riders that I havent seen before were very capable and very fast, also some of our established guys have raised the bar. I flagged most of the day on the big table top in the middle of the track and was very impressed. Also the machinery thats coming to Viper is exceptional. Congratulations to everyone that competed on the day. I have seen some of the interstate stuff and Viper is very very strong so get to Monza and support the people that support our sport.

Ken Baker #54

Offline Bikeaholic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 07:33:20 am »

You know it's tough out there when..............

Decided to sit out my races after the 1st round as my bike wasn't running great and do some extra corner duty at this very spot after lunch. Got to witness Simon's moment 1st hand followed by cussing "F%#&$* ruts".  :o  Thought he was coming to visit me at one stage when I saw the front end of the bike start swapping lines. I was all set for some ducking and veaving. Also got to witness another rare moment with Bill (suzuki 311) coming to grief at the same spot followed by something similar "for F&$%# sake".  :o Then there was another guy on a CRF who did some amazing ballet moves trying to save it but ended up pinned in the goop who needed help getting up. He was laughing when i got to him. "All that to try and stop the thing stalling" These guys weren't the only ones to run foul on corner 12. Who said flag duty was boring  ;D
Certainly moment frozen in time.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 07:02:35 am »
great day as always ,but a very trying day for the hondas ,with one blow up and one gear box. :o.still carn,t kill that 125 ;D.looking foward to monza.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS