Author Topic: padded denim riding pants  (Read 1691 times)

Offline ghostrider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
padded denim riding pants
« on: April 09, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »
  Does anyone know where or if you can still purchase those padded denim riding pants?I remember that Tycon in Cessnock made them years ago but have not seen anyone else selling these retro type pants....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: padded denim riding pants
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:09:57 am »
Yes I think they are called Dragon Pants/Jeans for road racing/riding.
cheers A

http://www.dragginjeans.net/find%20retailers
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:11:29 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:30:51 am »
Sorry but Tycon's are nothing like Draggin Jeans.

Haven't seen them anywhere for years. Keep an eye on ebay...you never know  ;D

Cheers
Shaun

firko

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:28:21 am »
Did anybody ever wear those awful padded jeans? I used to see them advertised all over the place but in the 40+ years I've been involved I can only recall one bloke having the balls to wear them in public, and he was an odd Cooper riding eccentric who was a member of my club back in the 70's.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:12:28 pm »
They were my first racing pants. Mum and Dad didn't want to fork out the dollars for a set of leathers. Then those new fan dangled, highly flammable nylons that were a big no no at the beginning. People were going to spontaneously combust when wearing them... apparently !

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:12 pm »
Yeah i started out in mini bikes wearing a pair of padded jeans, a lot of the kids wore them.. i thought they were so cool at the time :D

trailietrash

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »
Back in 1980 ADB was giving away a pair of these pantalooms described as... Tycons own padded denim pants with protection in all the vital impact points, feature a stripe up the legs, and are easy to maintain if you have access to a washing machine.

After seeing what I did with Dads lawnmower trying to swap the 160cc motor into my 125cc minibike there was no way my Mother would let me access her washing machine...  ;) ;D ;D

and maybe Honda and Yamaha riders wouldn't buy blue pants with a yellow stripe back in the day? Who knows why Tycon pants didn't take off  ??? they advertised heaps back then.

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:06:56 am »
had a pr as well and padded yamaha jersy that flopped when wet

mx250

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:02:03 am »
had a pr as well and padded yamaha jersy that flopped when wet
I had one of those Tycon padded chest jerseys - when you stood up on the bike and hunched over the bars it would bow out at the strategic spot and make it look as though you had tits  :o. (A nice well endowed set though :D).

It was useless open cell foam that wouldn't even take the sting out of the roost off a XR75 ;D. I cut out the foam and kept the jersey ;).

I thought the jean were pretty hopeless right from the moment I saw them. I had riped a few pairs of leathers around the knee and hips so I didn't expect denim to be a great advance :P.