Author Topic: MX GP  (Read 2899 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
MX GP
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:50:33 pm »
Has anyone heard the latest on Aus getting a GP round. Last I heard not this year maybe next. Been searching the web but as usual I cant find any bloody thing I am looking for >:(. Only old info or non relivent stuff.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: MX GP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:24 pm »
It's not going to happen in the near future. We don't have a suitable venue with all the infrastructure needed to accomodate the GP circus.
If they built a motocross track somewhere like Phillip Island with everything already in place it would be perfect.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:34 pm »
Word from UK insider tells me that you have to have 350k euros in a brown bag delivered to someone in the FIM before they even consider any bid at a GP.
And to think that Broady is anything like wide enough for a serious GP is a joke-it's lucky to be 3 metres in some places let alone the 6 or 8 that's supposed to be required/manditory.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:31 pm »
Word from UK insider tells me that you have to have 350k euros in a brown bag delivered to someone in the FIM before they even consider any bid at a GP.
And to think that Broady is anything like wide enough for a serious GP is a joke-it's lucky to be 3 metres in some places let alone the 6 or 8 that's supposed to be required/manditory.

the $ in the bag would be for Mr Luongo's Youthstream I think.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »
Pretty sure you are correct though shouldn't Youth Stream pay for the motocross, not the other way about ?

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »
Pretty sure you are correct though shouldn't Youth Stream pay for the motocross, not the other way about ?

Absolutely , I'm not a fan of Luongo at all . Once upon at time riders got either start money or prize money - maybe both (not sure) but Luongo canned all that . Now everyone pays entry fees , and promoters pay a fees plus a percentage of their sponsorship $ .Its pretty much one way street - pay,pay,pay.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 05:26:17 pm »
When we were there we got start money of say... 1200.00 French Francs (about 400 to 500 bucks) then if you finished in the prizemoney you took that out of your start money. So you were assured of you 1200.00 ff. If you were on a low start fee you could pick up some extra dough by finishing well. A very good incentive scheme.
One race in France it pissed rain and 2 dogs and a cat came to watch, but we still got our fee. Couldn't see that happening here even with MA "support" .

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 05:46:20 pm »
Sounds like a good system EML.
I was a spectator at the 06 German sidecar GP .It was just the best . Im pretty sure that the sidecars are not under the youthstream organization . It was like the GP's of old with mostly small individual team efforts. Im not sure about the $ side of it but the crowd was big and the local stars were hero's and got plenty of TV exposure.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure that your 350k euros would be considered a 10% deposit if you're successful in your bid, pretty easy to see why most of the races are in europe

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »
It sounds alot like the Olympics doesn't it? Alot of pork barrelling going on. I do wonder what the muslims do in that situation ??? :D
The sidecar stuff is still a bit lower key than the solo big heads but the machinery is right up there with the most modern solos and even beyond. They would be perfect to bring down here for a GP as it would create a new interest here and a new spectacle-just got to work out how to get 30 into a container and everyone on one plane.
Only problem is we wouldn't want to run at Broady-too narrow- and MA wouldn't have it anywhere else. I'm not sure that MA want to have anything to do with outfits anyway and the only reason they recognise speedway outfits is because we are world champs. I have asked them for some funds for junior development and was told to "go seek".

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »
three races over three days or 5 races over 2 days 20 hours from Brisbane, not sure which way to go --- um gee I wish I could choose.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 08:54:08 pm »
we only have one pre 85 and not even sure about that after friday mornings freeway pile-up, might be at the frame makers or the scrap heap by then.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 08:59:25 pm »
Probably just push it in the tip, can't do much with 30 yr old steel.