Author Topic: RE:another rider dies tragic  (Read 3762 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
RE:another rider dies tragic
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:54:19 pm »
an 18 year old trail bike rider was found dead thismorning at the pine forest off camp cable rd logan village.he went for a ride yesterday and when he failed to check back with his group by 4 pm they went to look for him not being able to locate him they called police who found him early this morning.tragic another young life lost.gary

TooFastTim

Re: RE:another rider dies tragic
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
With respect to his departed soul but when will people learn NEVER ride alone?

Desert Rat

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:29:49 pm »
With respect to his departed soul but when will people learn NEVER ride alone?

Sad news indeed which possibly may have been avoided if he was with his group.

That said, I always trail ride alone these days.
Over the years, almost every time I've been riding with others, at least one person has done something dumb that put us all at risk. Either that or we've been held up because of someone been unprepared.   ::) 

Who knows, one day it may bite me on the bum, but since making the decision to ride alone, it's been far less stressful and I've had far less trouble.

btw I always use a tracking system and have someone responsible to keep an eye out for me at home.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 05:14:15 am »
There will be a police blitz out there now as it has been illegal to ride out there for years. There will be heaps of people getting fines as it is a very popular place. I started riding out there on my first bike (GT80) in 1979. This will no doubt add to the 'motorbikes are the tool of the devil' theory.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:02:58 am »
there has been a big police presence out there of late and new signs about riding in the area.ive only been there once didn't like it,since i got my bike bogged took 2 hours to get it out and burnt the clutch out as well. my daughters found me just as i got it out if i go by myself i tell them what loop im taking and how long ill be if im not back in given time they come looking and its only a small area were we go riding.gary

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:31:31 pm »
There maybe some clamping down on trial bikes for the next few months. :-\A five-year-old boy has been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash on a forest track in south-east Queensland.

The boy was riding a trail bike at Elimbah, north of Caboolture, on Sunday morning when he collided with a man riding a larger motorbike.

The five-year-old is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Six people have died on Queensland roads this weekend.

A motorbike rider aged in his 60s, and his pillion passenger in her 50s, died when they veered onto the wrong side of the road and hit a truck near Ipswich, west of Brisbane, on Sunday afternoon.

On Saturday morning a man died when his car hit a power pole at Sunnybank and on Friday night three teenagers died after a horror two vehicle crash at Goodna.

Best is in the West !!

DR

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:55 pm »
In the wrong place at the wrong time I'd hazard to guess Alison :( It's up to the parents or guardians not to place them there in the first instance. Forestry trails are not the place for kids on minibikes, especially at that age. Very sad.

Stankflapper

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:58:50 am »
RIP to the young bloke. Only 18 and to be snuffed out is so tragic,

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 06:18:22 am »
three serious accidents within a 5 minute drive from my house alison.one involved a motorbike wich pulled out of beenleigh showgrounds driveway in front of a car.all three of these were yesterday within about an hour.29 year old woman also lost her life in a head on in the same area last week when a car being driven by a male in early 20's with a passenger about the same age lost control in wet weather and hit the womans car head on on a 60k speed limit road.gary

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:49:53 am »
there is a lot to be said for MX tracks, every thing is going the same direction. any track for that matter
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

TM BILL

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »
Poor bastard its a terrible tradgedy to lose one so young .

Quote "With respect to his departed soul but when will people learn NEVER ride alone? "

At 18 were all 10 foot tall and bulletproof and whos to say if he had company the outcome would have been any different  ???

Thoughts go out to his family .

DR

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 04:23:35 pm »
yup I'm guilty of riding alone at Nudgee on many many occasions as a teenager also Bill :-[ always rode at about 70% in those instances but it was still wrong. Hard to judge anyone when I did it myself. The best we can do is advise against it but I know I didn't heed this advice when given :-\

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 04:47:00 pm »
Children are supossed to bury their parents, not the parents bury the children.
Another tragic lose at such a young age .....RIP 

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »
Sad news indeed. It hits home when you get to the age of having your own children, nothing could be worse than what has happened to that family. Regardless of the circumstances that led to his death, that kids family will never be the same.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 09:10:33 pm »
on the same weekend i think or only a couple of days later a 16 yo died after his bike hit a 4wd and then spun into parked cars in an industrial area at molindiner on the gold coast his 19 yo passenger died in hospital the next day.very very sad for all involved.gary