Author Topic: What's happened to all the real bikes???  (Read 24473 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What's happened to all the real bikes???
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2011, 07:56:41 am »
But your right though Marc , there are some bargains out there , Mate collected a super original YZ 250A right here in good old NZ just yesterday  ;D

Hmm did it used to belong to a very fast plumber formerly from Hawera. If its the same bike I believe there is about a 6 grand difference in the price tag between that one and mine....but you are right very original and worth whatever he paid.

formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 08:05:04 am »
But your right though Marc , there are some bargains out there , Mate collected a super original YZ 250A right here in good old NZ just yesterday  ;D

Hmm did it used to belong to a very fast plumber formerly from Hawera. If its the same bike I believe there is about a 6 grand difference in the price tag between that one and mine....but you are right very original and worth whatever he paid.

No must be a different bike  ??? so is there another one up for grabs ?

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 08:46:43 am »
No must be a different bike  ??? so is there another one up for grabs ?

Hmmm might be Bill  ;) you told me you were skint.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
Not for me mate  :) honesty i have ridden a couple and i wouldn't swap my 74 KX for one .
Im always skint  :) but happy  ;) my days of buying bikes just because  ??? are behind me . Theres still a lot of the world i wouldn't mind seeing and buying more bikes aint gonna make that happen  :)

I will probably get rid of a number over the next couple of years , either complete or as parts so i if imention buying anymore feel free to step in  ;D

suzuki43

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:01 pm »
Bill,let me guess was it a certain builder from Mt Wellington with a big guard dog who sold it to well known painter from WangaVegas???
Looks like the Mosque is getting filled up....

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:33 pm »
I will probably get rid of a number over the next couple of years , either complete or as parts so i if imention buying anymore feel free to step in  ;D

Did your family have an 'intervention' Bill, the counciling is really working ;D. I think you should sell me the 74/78 KX as part of your treatment.

Hey heres a real bike, as a former ATK owner I don't mind a good Can am, just I like them with side covers.... $900 looks good buying.

formerly Marc.com

Captain Bilko

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 04:08:47 pm »
Fark I hope someone doesn't start knocking out leading-link front ends. Every RM n on the grid'll be wearing one and we'll be told "Stiff shit. This is how we want people to think it was" (because Rog did three laps on an RN with one on in 1979.....)  ::)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
Fark I hope someone doesn't start knocking out leading-link front ends. Every RM n on the grid'll be wearing one and we'll be told "Stiff shit. This is how we want people to think it was" (because Rog did three laps on an RN with one on in 1979.....)  ::)

Fark you are channeling my very thoughts, latest from Hectors racing, i was going to fit crappy old UDX60 forks to my RM500 but reckon these will give much smoother ride.  ;D

formerly Marc.com

Captain Bilko

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »
Fark you are channeling my very thoughts,
I wonderered why I've had this mad urge to bum a yak lately :o
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:59:49 pm by 66M »

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2011, 05:02:05 pm »
Not for me mate  :) honesty i have ridden a couple and i wouldn't swap my 74 KX for one .
Im always skint  :) but happy  ;) my days of buying bikes just because  ??? are behind me . Theres still a lot of the world i wouldn't mind seeing and buying more bikes aint gonna make that happen  :)

In '99 I sold up most of my bikes to finance a 6 month road trip around the U.S.  Got peanuts for most of them compared to today's prices. $600 for a MK7 370 Pursang, $700 for a mint running '75 Elsinore Aaarrrgggg.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011, 05:03:22 pm »
 [/quote]I wonderered why I've had this mad urge to bum a yak lately :o

[/quote]

male or female ????
formerly Marc.com

suzuki43

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011, 05:25:46 pm »
Sorry to interrupt such intellectual postings,but Marc can you reply to my email when you can,re the US shipping query.
Cheers

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »

In '99 I sold up most of my bikes to finance a 6 month road trip around the U.S.  Got peanuts for most of them compared to today's prices. $600 for a MK7 370 Pursang, $700 for a mint running '75 Elsinore Aaarrrgggg.
Yeah i know...i've still got the very original $700 mk8 250 Pursang i bought from you :)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2011, 05:54:19 pm »
Sorry to interrupt such intellectual postings,but Marc can you reply to my email when you can,re the US shipping query.
Cheers
never got your email mate... just sent you one
formerly Marc.com

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011, 05:55:04 pm »

Yeah i know...i've still got the very original $700 mk8 250 Pursang i bought from you :)

I'll give $800 for it.

I had a VMX bloke at Gatton tell me I'll never get $700 for the Elsinore because it wasn't pre 75 elligible.  I told him for $700 there was a lot of parts to keep a '74 on the track. I ended up selling it to some bloke who wanted to chase his kid around the paddock on his mini bike.  It was that clean it still had the warning stickers on the tank.