Author Topic: Pre 75 on Saturday @ Rocksburg  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Pedro

• Novice
    • View Profile
Pre 75 on Saturday @ Rocksburg
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:57 am »
 :D Gday,
             I went to rocksburg on saturday for a ride on my old 74 yamie and as we all do i am trying different springs and oil levels in an attempt to get better handling from the old girl and the day was a great fun I think the track was awesome it had a bit of everything and no "Rocks"  ;D   So is this a sign of things to come  ???   I hope so the qvmx club should be commended for having the foresight and initiative for coming up with the concept in my opinion!! Its hard work keeping the old bike up right after a couple of rounds of evo and pre 90 have left there impact on the track surface but hey maybe I'm just a shit rider  :-\ but I think the Saturday thing would be good for pre 75 and 78 as a practice day type of arrangement  it could bring more spectators because of the camping aspect and in turn get more people into the sport. As things progress would it be possible to hold one or two races in the afternoon this might also help take the pressure off the normal race format on sunday.

Cheers! Gasitt     

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 75 on Saturday @ Rocksburg
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:53:24 am »
as a practice day type of arrangement  it could bring more spectators because of the camping aspect and in turn get more people into the sport.

Thats how its was,that's how its should be...and thats why Suzuki Classic Dirt events are so popular with riders and campers alike......fun fun fun.....glad to see a smiling face  :D ....get stuck in...  ;D
from a die hard 75er  8) 
Best is in the West !!

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 75 on Saturday @ Rocksburg
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »
Good to hear Gassit.Iwas'nt there as I had to be interstate but sent a pre 75 bike along with a mate to ride.Make sure you make your comments known to the committee.From what I understand it was all good but needed more bodies.I know I'm stating the obvious but it takes a bit of organizing etc to get this up but if it isn't well supported it'll disappear.Hopefully we'll get another day during the year.