Author Topic: Inter Club day Harrisville  (Read 4418 times)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Inter Club day Harrisville
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »
Hey all, 10th of April is another inter club day, and its at Harrisville.This is a fantastic track and will not disappoint you, camping is encouraged, and there is plenty of wood for the bon fire.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Inter Club day Harrisville
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:08:12 pm »
Be there with bells on Jackie, also any one interested in trail riding to the track on Saturday from Greenbank area to the track please let me no.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:40:46 am »
great track ,it wont dissapoint track has been modified for the early bikes .agm at lunch time

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »
As pointed out by shoreline the AGM is on at lunch time, members please think about who you would like to be on the committee, no use sitting back and leaving it to everyone else what you want, may not happen, to save dissappointment speak out!

As I am sure you are all aware Col Metcher has put together a proposal which seems to have fallen to the way side this is a good proposal and its time we get behind him and get things moving, if you agree with Col voice your opinion to the committee.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »
After a bugger of a week finally race weekend is here, great trail ride out to the track bloody good fun, dont no why some of you dont join in, any way got there and sidecar would not go no spark fixed that and then had trouble with clutch and gearbox, also new throttle assembly was not right so more dramas, but the worst thing about the whole weekend was not a bike on the track not even practise till about 10.15am everything started late and just snowballed from there, not good for moral in the pits a lot of people not very happy at all, l for one hope we sort these problems out as it is turning people away, 2 people l no will not be back, away from all that stuff, what an effort from land owner and fellow racer Greg Mitchell, great track great bloke well done mate...............

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »
Fantastic track, absolutely miles of work by GREG , BIG jumps if you wanted or friendly to old bikes as well- I was surprised at the launch off a few times.
Would have been good to see more out there especially after all the effort.. but I left there having had a great day. thanks GREG! and bmcc

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 08:30:31 am »
Have to agree it's the best track we have I reckon, its got everything, long straights, some cool jumps, tight windies, big sweeper corner, berms.....well done Greg....I just have to remember not to crash.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 08:41:53 am »
I just have to remember not to crash.
did you check my sump plug Davey?
can't remember if i tightened it up or not ;D
"flat bickie"

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:59 am »
The sealing washer looked a bit sus......and you need to start cleaning under the swingarm. ;D there seamed to be alot of skin under there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:51:15 am by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 09:04:29 am »
well the humours still intact :D
keep well old mate :)
"flat bickie"

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 09:57:42 am »
Hi,
Great track , thanks to Greg for all the work he has put in to make this a great place to race , and thanks again to Russel , Robin , Lenore, Tony and all those who gave up their Sunday so that you could all have an enjoyable race day,
For all those who didn't understand  about the delay to the start time , the flaggies were concerned about not being able to monitor  all parts of the track and one  had a bit of Drama with the local wildlife, ie, the BROWN SNAKES, and the Blood ants , the safety of  the riders and the flaggies is paramount . 
Hope you heal up soon John.(crash and burn)Tate
cheers
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:00:19 am by jikov »

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »
BEST TRACK!!!   Thanks again Greg, hugh amont of work done and appreciated .

We as a club need to address our problems as its becoming a standing joke that BMCC cant run a meeting that runs on time.

As members we need to offer or help.

As officials they need to except our help.

As officals they need to ask for our help. The word is delegation,it goes a long way to speeding up proceedings,
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Barronvmx

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 07:54:51 pm »
I had the best time on a great designed, well prepared track that was good for all classes and size bikes. I rode a SL100 (stop laughing), Husky 250 1975 and a HuskyTX510. The big hollow reminded me of the willows at Mt Kembla without the free fall and the straight wich ends in a tightening off camber corner is amazing. I had the 250 monoing in 3rd along the straight at 1 time, who no's how that happened from a gumby like me.
It is probably one of the best tracks I have ridden since racing vintage since 2001.
Thanks Greg for all your effort it is greatly appreciated by all who attended and BMCC.

The issues mentioned previously that occured will be rectified and tabled by the club in the appropriate manner, this forum is not the place to discuss or assist in this process.
Race day can have many problems presented to officials and we can analise the situation with solutions quite easily after the fact.
This enables us to improve and address problems as they arise in future.
Glenn W
Vice president BMCC
Huskies
CR250 1972, CR400 1972, SC125 1973, CR250 1975GP, WR250 1979/80, XC125 1983, TX510 1983, XC125 1984 project, CR250 1984 project
Honda's
SL100 1971, XL100 1974, Hondasaki 210, XL185 1981 project
Jawa's
1959 250 project, 1969 175 trail boss project.
Sachs 1969 125

TM BILL

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »
Get well soon Joan see you next week  :)

Joan in happier times

Fuel of champions

Getting measured up for a new little mardi gras number

Promo shot Joan Tite racing
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:44:11 am by TM BILL »

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
Love ya work TM Bill.................... :D :D