Author Topic: QVMX AT ROCKSBERG TOMORROW BIKE APPROPRIATNESS?????  (Read 3720 times)

Offline PRITCH39

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
QVMX AT ROCKSBERG TOMORROW BIKE APPROPRIATNESS?????
« on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:43 pm »
Hi,

I was wanting to take my 87 TT600 to the QVMX event at Rocksberg tomorrow and was wondering if I take off all the road gear, indicators, side stand, and tail light, is it OK just to tape up the front headlight as I have seen this done at flat track events, and dont realy want to take it off as its a good place to put the numbers on.

Brian
I LOVE BIG CC 2 STROKES YEEHAA!!!!!

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: QVMX AT ROCKSBERG TOMORROW BIKE APPROPRIATNESS?????
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »
Brian remove all road gear and side stand.I think taping your head light is ok but you need to display front and side numbers,black on yellow background.

Offline PRITCH39

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply Shortshifter,

I have numbers on but not yellow back grounds. Do you think they will allow this for tomorrow and I will bring it up to comply for the next round?? or should I just leave it off the trailer?? You know the story usuall working till midnight stuff on another bike, I was just taking the TT to take up time in between races.

Thanks again Brian
I LOVE BIG CC 2 STROKES YEEHAA!!!!!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »
Dont worry about it, just bring it.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »
any pics of the event?
Maico's, the only way to go.

STW996

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 06:22:01 pm »
Yes mxmaniac check out the QVMX site, many thans to Brendan for taking some happy snaps

http://www.qvmx.com/html/race_pics.html

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »
looks like fun, i like grass track events. Are all races on tracks like that or do you use mx tracks aswell. There is some groust tracks up there, would like to attend the connondale classic oneday.

STW996

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 06:41:08 am »
For QVMX all but Connondale are grass tracks (currently 4 to use), Brisbane club have a purpose build track in Brisbane (about 8 k from the GPO!) and a new excellent venue at Harrisville about 3/4 hour out of Brisbane

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »
For QVMX all but Connondale are grass tracks (currently 4 to use), Brisbane club have a purpose build track in Brisbane (about 8 k from the GPO!) and a new excellent venue at Harrisville about 3/4 hour out of Brisbane

Ah, fair enough.. Must ride one event one day now my brother is up there.
 Is there alot of pre 75 bikes being the reason for grass track? is there enough bikes 77-89 models to be able to justify running 50/50 at mx and grass tracks? or are they out numbered?
Who is the fellow number 60 on CR500 that was hauling around with the number 54 maico. Dad said he was quick, and mentioned possibly he was an enduro guy 8)

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 06:38:16 am »
Is there alot of pre 75 bikes being the reason for grass track? is there enough bikes 77-89 models to be able to justify running 50/50 at mx and grass tracks? or are they out numbered?
Quite the opposite with qvmx. Later bikes are the majority but grass track (farmers)properties are what we run on. I am hoping a few obstacles can be put on the track at Badiddabba seeing as it is an MQ track. I personally love some air time. Conondale is the shit!

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:45:12 am »
Quite the opposite with qvmx. Later bikes are the majority but grass track (farmers)properties are what we run on. I am hoping a few obstacles can be put on the track at Badiddabba seeing as it is an MQ track. I personally love some air time. Conondale is the shit!

Gday 090, does the majority want to ride in paddocks, or is that what you have to work with? I am an enduro fan, and grass track is great fun but ruts and jumps are great too as you say!  Vic vmx run separate. Vic classic pre 75, who throw in an pre 78 and evo class into there days, along with fast 50's is a fun excellent organisation. Then there is viper which runs pre 78 through to pre90 with a modern and junior class thrown in.   It seems to work really well, if you haven't already done so, be good to come ride viper on some mx tracks, alot of the tracks have plenty of airtime for you to get the wind into the maico's lungs.

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 08:23:07 pm »
From what I can gather, the Viper tracks are modern tracks primarily. Is that right? So you have set up tracks with all the obstacles.
I think grass tracks are preferred plus the majority are farmers paddocks so no earth works are possible. It would be great to make it to a meet one day. I am in the process of shaking off the hand brake, so doing a road trip can be more of a reality !

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »
From what I can gather, the Viper tracks are modern tracks primarily. Is that right? So you have set up tracks with all the obstacles.
I think grass tracks are preferred plus the majority are farmers paddocks so no earth works are possible. It would be great to make it to a meet one day. I am in the process of shaking off the hand brake, so doing a road trip can be more of a reality !

bahahaha.. them hand brakes can get hard to shake. Yeah viper is pretty much all MV tracks i think. some Grass track is on the pre 75 calander down here, but they also run on MV tracks like traralgon etc  Traralgon held the Aussie titles a while back and the vetrans grand national meetin in 2002. Jimmy ellis won a class with Mike Landman 2nd. Possibly Jeff Leisk rode and Rob Twyrold too. I was bit under the weather that day but was an excellent meet