Author Topic: Heaven VMX Buladelah 19 & 20 March  (Read 8402 times)

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven VMX Buladelah 19 & 20 March
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
Only one more sleep now! Weather gods look like they are going to smile upon us for the weekend. Good number of pre entries for the event. Who's going to be burning the midnight oil on bikes tonight so that they are ready for the weekend? Turtle, you ride maico's so surely you still have some prep work to do!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
err that would be me burning m/oil, ::),race transporters w/pump chucked a wobbly,fronts all off atm,late lunch now, then on the bikes till w/pump turns up with the missus tonite,(newie show today,all auto shops shut around here), :P
ps only prep work Turtles doing,is making sure to replenish his "start you bastard" ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:08:11 PM by matcho mick »
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 01:30:18 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ::),weather gods my arse, :P

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 10:30:20 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ::),weather gods my arse, :P

That will teach ya for using the weather god name in vain, broken leg, plaster and crutches for the next six weeks ::)

Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
fugging modern bikes  >:(,i'm over them,(actually in this case i was under it  ::)),arh well least  i'll get some cyber racing in,if nothing else  ;D, :P
ps thanks for looking after me guys  8)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »
oh shite ...will you get to hobble at HBBB  :P
Best wish's. 8)
west side
Best is in the West !!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:16 PM »
dunno A,think i've blown all me brownie points for this year in 1 hit  :'(, :P

Curly3

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 06:40:15 AM »
Sorry to here that you've busted your leg Mick.
All the best for a speedy recovery.
Steve

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 08:33:59 AM »
Yeh, youre right Mick. Last time I mention anything about the weather. Still trying to get the dust out of my nose from the weekend. Sorry to here about the leg. Hope youre back on the bike soon mate. Cheers.

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
Get well soon Mick I'll have no one to race if your not on the track with the Ossa

montynut

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about the leg Mick.

I bet you have been getting the same treatment I got a couple of years ago. Doctors that are only as old as your own kids (when did doctors get so young) looking at you with a sort of distant stare and start every sentence with "A guy your age". I got to the stage that I would finish the sentence with "still have a lot of living to get through so get me out of here"  ;). You have just a few more K's on the odometer than me  ;D.

Hope you have Speedy recovery mate.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
thanks guys :-*,yeah right about that montynut,"my trainee" doctor couldn't grasp concept of racing old bikes on dirt  ::),like talking to an alien  ???,level of alcohol/drugs consumed per week??,tried the football injury story on triage nurse 1st up  ;D, Doc wasted 3 needles getting blood from my arms,gave up, went for my hand,that little episode hurt worse than my leg,pretty weird fracture,it's lower tibia on the instep side,i think the engine cradle landed smack on my shin when the bike pancaked,bloody lucky it didn't break there,coz manage to get through boot,shin guard,2 socks,& my leathers to punture the skin in 2 places,go figure that?,atm with cast on it's like your've still go your boot on,thinking of painting it black with some buckles onit ;D, :P

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:26 AM »
For The Record -

While Sydney and the South Coast got flooded with 250mm of drizzle over the weekend we got dusted out. Never seen such good dust on a MX track before. Helped the first 3 riders no end because from 4 back to 34 in the Evo races you couldn't see 6 ft in front. Safe decision made to quit while we were all ahead and in one piece.

Overall a great 1st turn out of racers for 2011. Flashy new bikes turned up. Some with flashy new riders too. Plenty of new members came to ride the Super (long) Track. More still came for a look and learn. Bikes almost ready they say.

The junior numbers were also up this year. Fantastic to see a couple of Pre 85 bikes out in the pack.

Medical feedback from Dave the Medic was pretty good. Main concern was for our Ossa mate with an ankle and Mrs Dave Medic with a knife wound to the thumb. Operator error.

The Super Track was great before major dust set in. Once the proposed ripping, grading and re-grassing of the grassy bit of the track is complete it will be magic for all classes and abilities. Seano asked if the committe could put down Sir Walter for him cause it feels good when you come off.

Pete
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:42:50 PM by Noel »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »
Some great pics in there!
I think the pic of Snowy shows the biggest roost a 125 Husky has ever thrown.

What's with the DT tank Noel?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.