Author Topic: Club membership's.  (Read 2100 times)

Curly3

Club membership's.
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »
This a bit of a sticky craw for me.
I reckon, that if you are a financial member of A club, there should be a " concession " membership available to other clubs, instead of the full membership, to allow us to ride at various club events, without being shafted.
How do you start a forum poll?
Feedback please, because these days it seems that every time I turn around there is someone with their hand out.
Don't start me on the chinless ranger's latest LIE.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:33:41 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Club membership's.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »
There is a second club membership cheaper in modern mx here in the west- thats country memberships.
Though city mx folk can pay up to 300  :(
Being only two vmx clubs in WA the membership pricing isn't high.Both under 60 odd $'s.
As long as a Envirment levy doesn't get passed on us then its all good.  :-X
Polls are created and are at the bottom of your start new thread page.
cheers A
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:29:49 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »
Is it to late to get the poll started???
Graeme help me out here.
There is a crude joke out there about being a member of a club from the country, but I respect you too much Alison to repeat it.
What should happen, I'm surprised it doesn't already, is that if you are a member of an AMA affiliated club,
bingo, you're in.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:40:49 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:36:42 pm »
 I'll remember... :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »
  I can see the appeal to the individual riders in what you are suggesting Steve but I think there would be repercussions down the line that would not be benificial to all stakeholders due to the diminishing financial resources.
 It's sort of like the idea that maybe we should all forget about clubs and just rely on local controlling bodies.
 A thought that fills me with dispare as it would lead to the disappearance of the volunteering aspect where only events happen by courtesy of promoters for profit.
cheers pancho

dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:10:43 pm »
This a bit of a sticky craw for me.
I reckon, that if you are a financial member of A club, there should be a " concession " membership available to other clubs, instead of the full membership, to allow us to ride at various club events, without being shafted.
How do you start a forum poll?
Feedback please, because these days it seems that every time I turn around there is someone with their hand out.
Don't start me on the chinless ranger's latest LIE.

We thought about this in Darwin but most people would just join the cheapest club and expect a discount from the rest. All three local clubs charge full price it's up to you which one or more you join. It can be hard for some people as one club has a stronger focus on junior riders, one on quads and one runs more enduros. All clubs allow day memberships but usually four day memberships equal a full one.

I can see the appeal to the individual riders in what you are suggesting Steve but I think there would be repercussions down the line that would not be benificial to all stakeholders due to the diminishing financial resources.
 It's sort of like the idea that maybe we should all forget about clubs and just rely on local controlling bodies.
 A thought that fills me with dispare as it would lead to the disappearance of the volunteering aspect where only events happen by courtesy of promoters for profit.
cheers pancho

Our club has employed people from a labour hire company to perform flag duties on race day and we may yet do this for our pre race day set up working bees.
Volunteers, I wish!!!!!!!!!!!The same 4-5 "volunteers" have had enough

Brent
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:24:43 pm by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:55 pm »
Just pry the wallet open and pay. The clubs get stuff all and each club needs money to function. The alternative is get foxtel and watch others having fun and paying for the privilege.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:31 pm »
Clubs are like Bikes-they have there individual special needs  ;)  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 10:30:48 pm »
dirt track in sydney
club days at nepean need to be a member of st george or penrith.this also gets you a national licence application
pre 75 pre 85 weekend at nepean its a club day you need to join penrith
canberra club days need to join canberra or pay for day membership.
these clubs are putting the meeting on for us the riders.and its there rules and there money forked out to enable us to ride.
the old 1 club rule is way gone like last decades pay or even last weeks.
so if you want to ride mx as well you have to join hevan cant see them letting me ride at there club days on a st george club membership and i dont blame them at all
money needs to go into the sport so if each club can servive by doing this and our sport continues to just brake even or make a few bucks we can all have races for many years to come
my 2 cents worth
jim
keep our sport alive contribute to the clubs holding events

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:34 pm »
I dont mind paying memberships... They do a great job. event after event...
Anyone from the caretaker to flaggy to the Race organisers to Mr King who works on the Track. incl all people in between. I say Thank you...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 09:33:15 am »
as every said if you could join one club and ride at other meetings you would end up with only the one club.why would you want to bust  your gut for people who dont even contibute club membership,yes brent it is always the same few who make it happen.tho this year we are doing a couple of interclub meets so you dont need to join for those meetings

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
Okay, okay the stick has been removed and my craw is feeling much better, thanks to all the specilists at the OZVMX hospice :P ;D ;)
I wasn't saying that you don't pay anything, just a concession membership should be avialable at all clubs.
People will more often than not join a club close to their home, or heart.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 04:53:03 pm »
All of this thread is a true and worthwhile discussion if only to highlight the concerns, difficulties, and issues that confront us especially financial restraints that confront a lot of us both as individuals and as groups[clubs],
 What Jim said is on the money.
cheers
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 10:24:18 pm »
What Jim said is on the money.

Yep, it’s a tough call either way.
The clubs need everyone’s full support but sometimes if you have varied interest you would benefit from being in several clubs.
Some clubs are Trials only
Some are Road race orientated
Some are MX only
And some are VMX only
And while some have a mix of everything sometimes dates don’t fit in with personal free time.

DVMCC and a few other clubs offer a day membership to attract extra entries on the day. You must be a full time member of another club for this offer.
If the club members are putting on a ride they want it to be successful to justify their efforts and with larger entries then it becomes not only more feasible but also makes the event better.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/