Author Topic: R.I.P STEVE DINSDALE  (Read 10037 times)

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P STEVE DINSDALE
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
Can't believe it. John Hand, Steve, myself and a few others got the Gum Valley track back on board a few years back. He had been president of the Mackay MX club, never stood for bullshit and never got involved in it either.Superfast and just a great bloke. VMX really wasn't his thing but he appreciated our side of the sport and supported it in Mackay when a few thought it was a joke. Can someone explain what happened. I'm devastated!
R.I.P Steve, you will be hugely missed.
Rosco86.
      Yeah Rosco, was an aneurysm ,  was boxing training with his boy Joel,  his boy went over to watch Dad as he had finished & yeah watched the worst thing a boy could possibly witness, heading up to spend some time with the family in the next couple of days !  thanks for all concerned ..

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
OMG this is a shock.. i can remember steve dinsdale banging bars with the likes of glen bell n craig dack years
ago back in the late 80s racing his rising sun sponsored honda cr250 fully equipped with the white powered
forks shock an factory pipe.. he was one of my mister mx heroes back in the day when i was still in high school...
nick named the mauler because he use to abuse the clutch all the time coming out of every corner...
RIP steve, u r a legend n u will be missed !!!
andrew

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
I dont think anyone really understood/understands how hard it was for Steve to compete at that level in those years he did Mr mx when we had all driven home form N.S.W or Vic he still had the same distance + to drive home to get to work he did it hard and the results were truly earn't.no matter what and those achievements should never be under estimated,

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
Thanks Goof, my daughter talked to his mates yesterday who confirmed what you said. The young fella and the family will need plenty of support. Still a bit numb on it, being 53 and just so unfit which is the complete opposite to Steve. Probably won't make it up next week, but my thoughts are with him and his family!
Rosco 86

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »
Yes Steve will be missed by all, was just looking through the old qld m/cycle news and was reading of his first Qld Champ win. He certainly was one hell of a rider. He just seemed to come out of nowhere, and i can remember many great battles with the likes of Dave Armstrong Tony Mclean Brian Flemming Ect .  A true Champ and a real nice guy.  R.I.P
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »
I remember meeting a very young Steven Dinsdale when I was at Mayfairs. He came down with John Hand for a race at Conondale or Tivoli, maybe the Sunshine State Suzuki series and we (at Mayfairs) were very impressed with his attitude and approach to the sport. He loved his racing.

Obviously he will be missed and all I can think to say is "God Speed" young fella!

leonrekrah

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
Just got back from a job out west and heard about Steve...as everyone notes he was a top bloke and will be greatly missed...had a couple of beers with him after one of our club days late last year and he was enjoying being a MX dad..boys not too shaby on the bike either....he was always good to be around and share a yarn with..and I,m sure he enjoyed what he had gotten and was getting out of the sport.....I,m glad too have known him and wish he could have stayed around to enjoy an old age..but it just shows that none of us know what,s around the next berm,so we should all try and enjoy the ride....... condolences to Steves Family and friends....Ride In Peace...NH

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Hey guys,  Dinna's  family were overwhelmed when i showed them the forum comments,  it was definately appreciated & to all that travelled & joined us at his funeral a very special thanks from Peta,Brock,Joel & Tash.   More than a thousand entries in the visitors book !!!!    "A Special man & mate "   Cheers Goof.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
OMG this is a shock.. i can remember steve dinsdale banging bars with the likes of glen bell n craig dack years
ago back in the late 80s racing his rising sun sponsored honda cr250 fully equipped with the white powered
forks shock an factory pipe.. he was one of my mister mx heroes back in the day when i was still in high school...
nick named the mauler because he use to abuse the clutch all the time coming out of every corner...
RIP steve, u r a legend n u will be missed !!!
andrew

I still have the front cover of ADB with his WP CR250 up on the wall at home...Didnt the great man ride KTMs briefly? Im sure I saw him at Parklands SX on one in about 89-90?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »

I still have the front cover of ADB with his WP CR250 up on the wall at home...Didnt the great man ride KTMs briefly? Im sure I saw him at Parklands SX on one in about 89-90?
[/quote]
Yes mate i remember him on a KTM at the Parklands supercross, it would have been '89/'90

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »
Remembering those now passed.

MACKAY'S motocross community is mourning the loss of one of its outstanding competitors and supporters, Steve Dinsdale.

Dinsdale, 46, died suddenly on Wednesday night of natural causes.

He has been one of Mackay's outstanding motocross riders over the past several decades and is the father of Joel, 14, who has competed internationally and was set to win several titles at the national championships last year before being injured in a fall.

Dinsdale took up motocross in 1977 at the age of 12 and quickly proved his talent by winning numerous Central Queensland titles.

He went on to win nine Queensland titles and took out Mackay's most famous race, the iconic King of the Beach at Grasstree, three times.

He took a break from motocross in 1986 to start a cane-harvesting business, and went on to become one of the most successful harvesting contractors in the Mackay district.

At one stage he was regularly harvesting more than 100,000 tonnes, mostly in the Marian district.

He made a comeback to riding in 1987 when he placed fourth in the Australian Mr Motocross Series, which could be described as his major achievement in racing.

But, his continued involvement in all aspects of the sport is probably his greatest achievement.

He served as president of Mackay and District Motocross Club and has represented Motorcycling Queensland's junior sub-committee.

In 2006 he started CQ Dirt Bike Training in partnership with Lindsay Eden, which still operates at tracks around the district.

“From that he gained great satisfaction in seeing the standard of motocross rise in the Mackay district,” Eden said.

“He took great pleasure in seeing the riders he mentored improve and do well in the sport.”

One of them is his son Joel, who raced in the world junior motocross titles at New Zealand and France over the past two years, and is a nominee for Mackay's Sport Star of the Year awards, being presented by the Daily Mercury at Harrup Park Country Club tomorrow night.

Joel broke his collarbone at the Australian titles last year, but is preparing to again compete in 2011 as a member of Yamaha Australia's national junior development team.

Bullet Bikes in Mackay has been a long-term sponsor of both Joel and his father.

Dinsdale's wife, Peta, has also been heavily involved in motocross at all levels and in supporting Joel at race meetings across Australia.

Dinsdale also leaves another son, Brock, 20, and daughter, Natasha, 22.

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/motocross-mackay-steve-dinsdale/779275/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:10:48 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!