Author Topic: Classic Dirt 8  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Classic Dirt 8
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »
Well, accom booked, leave arranged, ride fees paid. Looks good from here.

Best bit is that this year I will have both the RM AND the IT so can ride the vinduro track. And... am I reading it right? A Pre 78 track separate from the novices track. So... I can ride the 75 RM good and hard without bottoming the suspension and without getting thrown off for riding in a manner aggressive?

Noice!

Plus I am in for the whole 3 days, first time ever, so I can see a bit more time available to get around and say G'day and take photos and dribble over pristine old bikes and... well, do stuff.

How many people can they cater for? How many will be there? I reckon this could be the biggest yet. Bring it on...

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 8
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »
Counting the sleeps Graeme? If I get there I'll come and say hello. Cheers Jerry

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:37:12 pm »
Is Twist and Shout in the Jump Seat again?

I'm keen to ride his XT250!

Peter B
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:54:13 pm »
Yup, Twisty will be there - if he can get that TT sorted in time. The old story, buy it cheap with the aim of a quick tidy up and next thing you know you're replacing everything just because, well, you can. Still, it is getting there, and so will he. I think you owe the TT an absolute thrashing tho... Did you see him on the AT or CT or whatever that is?

As for counting the sleeps, my oath I am. These days it's nigh on impossible for me to get to a race, so I am putting pretty much all my eggs for a fun vintage event in the Classic Dirt basket. I'll have a ball, even if it rains.

I bought the CD7 photo CD from the guys at VMX mag and I sit here with it at work, and every time there's a few spare moments I browse through all the photos. Each day, a different one as my computer screen background.

Sad huh?

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »
By the way, can someone from VMX mag confirm that there's a Pre 78 track? Not that I don't believe what I read! If it definitely is then I'll bring the RM again. And Mark A, do you reckon you'll be on track to have your RM125S ready by then? I'd really like to try to have a bit of an RM125M/S session on the Pre 78 track at some stage. I love those things!

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:37 pm »
Hi Graeme - yes, there is a Pre '78 track.  This year there will be three motocross tracks - Novice, Pre '78 and Pre '85.  There will of course also be the vinduro loops and the Trials sections.

Regards

Ken

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »
Thanks Ken, that's brilliant. It is the only thing I could suggest to make the event better (well... other than adding in a short circuit track as well! Oh, and a show and shine...).

A true novice track will be an excellent addition, and a Pre 78 track means that those of us on older bikes who want to go fast like on the big track, can. Cos I am so slow I tend to blow shocks and fork seals on the bigger jumps and stuff as I tackle them too slowly yet still get enough air to land heavily. So if we have a nice undulating grasstrack with flowing jumps, well, I'll be real happy. And at last I'll get to try a vinduro loop!

Look forward to mixing in with all you other Pre 78 guys!

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
its going to be me and my dads first cd. Cant wait the pictures make it look awesome!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 06:42:25 pm »
Ill be busting some dirt on the 78 this year , last year on the small track it was bit hard to ride at full speed with the novice also on there you just needed to be considerate of them, I rode the main track on the 74 a few times before it roughed up then I stuck with EVO. I really look forward to the new 77 special being ready. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:16:10 pm »
As for counting the sleeps, my oath I am. These days it's nigh on impossible for me to get to a race, so I am putting pretty much all my eggs for a fun vintage event in the Classic Dirt basket. I'll have a ball, even if it rains.

I bought the CD7 photo CD from the guys at VMX mag and I sit here with it at work, and every time there's a few spare moments I browse through all the photos. Each day, a different one as my computer screen background.

Sad huh?

Graeme, after reading this post I think that you really need to get out a bit more.  ;D

WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

ted

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »
Hey Graeme...Did you get confirmation that your ride fees were accepted. Having paid myself i would hate to go up there and cop a " Sorry we`re full "

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 08:42:42 am »
At the moment there is plenty of room left in the rider registration coffers.

BUT

Don't assume that will remain the case and DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT trying to turn up and ride without pre-registering to do so.  It ain't gonna happen.

So make sure you tell everyone that is thinking of going to CD8 and riding, that pre-registering to ride is essential.

Of course they can still turn up on the day to just check it out and camp, they just not be allowed ride if not pre-registered.  ;)

Lastly, the registered rider list will shortly be put up on the VMX Magazine web site, so people can double check if they are registered.

firko

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 08:50:45 am »
AJ, while you're here....I hope you and the lads are busy rehearsing Iron Butterflys psychodelic classic 'Inna Gadda Da Vida" for the Saturday night gig. The good 'ol boys were not amused when we found that it wasn't on the set list at CD7. Uncle Frank was especially upset so to apease our esteemed Grand Poo Bah, get it into the repetoire this year. ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:52:31 am by firko »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 09:48:27 am »
Get out more eh Woody? Well, sitting behind a desk, driving a computer all day, in the public service, practically demands some sort of escapism. You're just envious that at least I can do that at times, whereas you are stuck with all the same stuff but in a BANK!!!

You should come to CD8. You know you want to.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »
Lastly, the registered rider list will shortly be put up on the VMX Magazine web site, so people can double check if they are registered.

Ajay can you post up a reminder when this is on the VMX mag site .
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)