Author Topic: change?  (Read 3426 times)

211kawasaki

change?
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:56 am »
Hi All

the 18th of March is the close off date for submissions to the MA VMX / CDT Commission for rule additions, or alterations. To keep it simple this is what you need to do if you wish to make a submission
You can make a submission directly to MA as an indervidual.
You can lobby your club to do so
You can lobby your state Historic Committee to make a submission on you or your clubs behalf
This forum is a great tool for discussion but just making comment here dosnt constitute a submission.

Dave Tanner

firko

Re: change?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:59:54 am »
Now's the time to start the ball rolling on the resubmission of the Col Metcher 'Nats Split' proposal. This time, let's not get it wrong by assuming that the mythical 'somebody else' is doing the job for us. If you feel strongly about this important change, lobby your club to submit the changes or make the submission to MA as an individual as Dave has suggested.

To that as many folks fully understand the proposal I'd hope that Colin can post it here so we're all aware of what it's about without having to search all over for the guff on what it's about.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:58 am »
Does'nt it say in the current MOMs that classic title events MAY be separated into 2 groups/events?
In that case it seems to me that the lobbying needs to be addressed to the promoting body/bodies.

Read rule 18.12.1.2 page 170  of  MOMs 2011. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:03 am »
How may an individual make submissions? Is it via snail mail only? Thanks
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:53:39 am »
Yes, plus use the channel available to you through your club with your secretary making submissions to your local controlling body. eg MC NSW or your state equivalent.
 Your club membership is not only for you to get an MA licence.
 cheers pancho. 
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

211kawasaki

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:21 pm »
Pancho's right, use your LCB and get more value out of your membership. Find out your local historic committee, if they dont have one start one. Thats what your Local Controlling Body (State MA) is for.

There is no problem in making your own sensible submission; by sensible I mean realistic. There is no future in a rule that is not going to make a positive change for the sport, encourage new riders, keep older riders longer - put bums on seats. Dont worry about sending MA an email with your ideas as thats what they are for and want from the riders and its encouraged to do just that.

It may be that no change to anything is required. Its up to the riders first and foremost to have your say.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:37:05 pm »
i tried to start a local state historic mx / DT committe but MA said no.............
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

211kawasaki

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:11:48 pm »
Kerry

MA or MSA
Motorcycling Australia or Motorcycling SA?
In the confederation of motorcycling we live in each state (SCB such as MSA) is it's own organisation. If its MSA that have said no to a historic committee suggest you ask why as there should be no reason to say no. Get on to Ivan Golding for his help.
It wont be MA as they have no jurisdiction.
Now if we were a Federation..........
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:32:20 am by 211kawasaki »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
How may an individual make submissions? Is it via snail mail only? Thanks

No mate, you can go through your state MA office, or else go straight to Ross Martin, who is the MA Committees and Commissions Manager, and cc your state MA CEO to keep the flow of info orderly.
 There's nothing wrong with dealing directly with Ross, and I found last year when I had several axes to grind with the rule submissions presented for historic roadracing, that he was not only helpful and informative, but that all my submissions were heard by the relevant commission and taken into account : gasp ! Democracy at work !!  :o

Your historic MX commission chairman is none other than the above-mentioned 211, plus Shane Fatboy Fraser and Rodney MacDonald, so I suppose should you wish to pm any of these blokes your opinion would get through.
Should you wish to deal with Ross Martin direct, his email is  [email protected] ,and his direct phone number is 03 9684 0504, and if you keep things orderly and calm, you'll find you are working within the conduit to actually getting things to where you want them to be. It really does work !   ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:41:39 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »
My personal take on MOM GCR changes being submitted the MA CMX / CDT commission is;
Unless you’re a person of good VMX repute, you have the backing of a VMX aligned club / SCB or have a reasonable amount of individual closely aligned submissions, then you will get a nothing more than few short lines in the commissions meeting minutes that will read  "Noted & discussed / No Action required"

Numbers & networked associates are what’s needed to get a submission over the line. Firko’s on the money in that you can’t assume that others will be in the game with you, cause more than likely there not.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »
These are Col's 2009/2010 submissions for the 2011 GCR's
(Excerpts from the 2010 CMX & CDT Commission Meeting Minutes)

Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 06:38:38 am »
Bahnzy,
All submissions are treated equally. Although it is recommended to submit through your LCB/SCB. All submissions need to have a rationale or a reason for making a change. Rules are not changed without considerable discussions and thoughts and are not changed for the sake of it.

cheers
Fatboy.

211kawasaki

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:08 am »
Rod
A lot of what you see as "noted no action required" is exactly that. It dosnt make any difference who you are your submission will be given due process and discussed on its merit. There are heaps of examples of submissions that has been very positive for the sport from inderviduals and some that should have been very positive that the SCB has rejected. Its this point that makes all the difference and I will note it again.
The Commission will only colate the submissions and put them into a form that would or would not slot them onto the GCRs, then present them to the State (SCB's). If you look at the submission from Col Metcher as an example, for which there was quite a lot of indervidual support and you have seen his original submission you will see how it was changed to fit the GCRs - The democratic part of this is the decision weather to or not include it is up to the States and their HSC (Historic Committee or similar) In this instance the respondants were WA (VMX Club of WA) for the change and MNSW HSC was against as was Heaven Club NSW. One for it and 2 against and the motion was not carried and things stayed the same. So in this instance we took into consideration 2 clubs and a State Committee and had no choice but to reject the proposal.
The commission will not make change without a submission of merit and the agreement of the stakeholders of the sport.
Ross is very approachable but he has responsibility for all commissions and is a very busy guy. The correct way to make the best impact is to have your club make a submission via your state committee direct to the Commission in this way we have an understanding that there is some weight behind the proposal, the other members of the club agree and its then supported by the SCB.

Dave Tanner
Commission Chairperson
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:31:58 am by 211kawasaki »

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 01:46:54 pm »
Dave, Shane,
I think that the point of what I was trying to get across has got lost in translation. What I was attempting to do was highlight the “process” and what is needed to get a hearing within the CMX/CDT Commission. In the MOM under the section "RULES AND MAKING RULE CHANGES" the process that you have outlined in this discussion is reflected in the type, no argument, however what I have felt is that an individual providing a submission directly to the CMX/CDT Commission appears to not get the same weighting in the discussion process that one would get if it was supported by a Club or SCB. Whilst the CMX/CDT Commissioners may not view this as a fair representation of the process, it is a feeling that some take away from it.   

In support to what yourselves and others have already mentioned prior to this response, is that numbers and a well constructed “RULE AMENDMENT OR INCLUSION FORM” are the main ingredients to getting a submission considered and included to the following years MOM GCR’s.

An observation from myself is that individuals who feel strongly enough about a GCR change need to be aware that scribbling some random notes into the amendment & inclusion form without;
- Supporting Evidence,
- MA Affiliated Club/SCB support,
- Rationale behind the GCR change/inclusion,
will more than likely result in "Noted & Discussed / No Action Required"
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

211kawasaki

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »
Spot on.
an example may be asking for something to happen without a reason why it will be of benifit to the sport or supporting evidence.
Everything is considered, be assured of that and we try to understand what is being sort; sometimes its just impossible.