Author Topic: Pre85 fourstroke allpowers class  (Read 10430 times)

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Pre85 fourstroke allpowers class
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 07:26:31 pm »
it would depend on the track which bike tony cavell would be quickest on. low centre of gravity bike like his bsa corners so much quicker than a taller bike. the track would have to be very rough for tony to be slower on his bsa. every vmx track i have ridden on in qld is smooth enough for the bsa to kick ass! 

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »
Why have a four stroke class? they sound cool, are twice as much work to look after and its bloody great to watch the likes of tony cavell clean up up all the evos 4/t on his beezer, so let them have some fun..!!
Look out if he ever gets on an evo!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »
Why have a four stroke class? they sound cool, are twice as much work to look after and its bloody great to watch the likes of tony cavell clean up up all the evos 4/t on his beezer, so let them have some fun..!!
Look out if he ever gets on an evo!
Bring it on! There are hardly any late 70's early 80's 4 strokes out there racing now, having their own  class would surely bring them out of the woodwork.

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:27 pm »
Thankyou good vmx people for your feedback so far! Some good points have been pointed out, and yes Tony Cavell on his bsa would possibly kick arse competing on certain terrain. However I guess if there is strong support for this class of racing maybe a single class of pre85 to start with then maybe an evo class if the numbers are there. The sound of big fourstrokes off the start line for me, has has always managed to set my heart rate up! I would be interested in the opinions of the classic commisioners, (cue for Fatboy!), do you think it is a do-able thing????  :)

Curly3

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 08:50:47 pm »
Anything Big, Phat & Four Banger gets my vote.
I think as the years roll on some classes are getting " Classed " out though.
It's all about keeping the masses happy, as one becomes popular, one wilts away.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 09:05:08 pm »
Deadright, Slidey, there's way too many classes with mediocre support feebly hanging in there already. Combine a few, and make room for 4-Stroke Allcomers !
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
GD, if the entries at any specific meeting actually warrant it you could still hold a class within a class.
I reckon this idea has legs, it has probably been discussed in the past but nothing lasts forever, just ask Warney & Liz.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »
Deadright, Slidey, there's way too many classes with mediocre support feebly hanging in there already. Combine a few, and make room for 4-Stroke Allcomers !
GD you're on the money there.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 10:13:09 pm »
Something like this would do me fine..

kaw440

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 10:43:23 am »
What about this 1 jonnhy

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:33 am »
aha the secret squirell kx500 is finished

mmmmmmmmm nice :P

or huskawa, kawasky,husaki, ;D ;D
follow me to first turn

firko

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 11:53:16 am »
I like Huskasaki ;D......Nice bike. The mark of a good special is to make it look as if the factory produced it in the first place. This one ticks all of the boxes.

I like the idea of a pre 85 four stroke class. Against advice from 'those who know' I introduced a 4 stroke class right from that first meeting at Amaroo in 1988 and at its peak the four stroke class was one of the most well supported classes in pre '75. The opponents all cried the old phurphy that "four strokes have always had to compete against two strokes on a level playing field so why cater for them now"? The answer of course was to give an outlet for the countless XL Honda tailbikes and old British iron that would otherwise have been kept in the shed. It also encouraged a bit of artistic expression by the building of all sorts of specials making the sport just a bit more interesting. By continuing the concept in pre 85 and eventually pre 90, a new generation of racers will be encouraged to build a new generation of trail bike engined hot rods. In pre '75 we were mostly restricted to Hondas great old XL powerplant but in pre 85 the option list is far more attractive. Every Japanese marque has an engine to choose from and speed equipment is now far more prevalent. Bring it on. ;)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 05:41:24 pm »
What about this 1 jonnhy

That's awesome Simon.. great job! I'm keen to hear what it's like on the track :)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 10:04:36 pm »
Thanks for your comments Firko :) So what's the best way to ''kickstart'' this big 4 stroke thing (the idea that is!!!)
Probably a bit late for a rule change for next year, do you think????? ;D