Author Topic: Missing Thread.  (Read 5638 times)

firko

Missing Thread.
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:52 am »
Yesterday arvo I went to a shitload of trouble and time to photograph, write a description and download the photos of the restoration of my Hindall frame. The thread was called 'Restoring a Rusty Nickel Frame' and it showed with photos and text the process I'm using to bring the corroded nickel plating back to a presentable condition.
Now here I am this morning ready to download some more pictures and information and lo and behold, the whole f*cking thread has disappeared. What the hell has happened to it? I sure as shit didn't remove it and if Graeme's taken it down for some reason, I'm certain he'd have had the decency to inform me. 
Can anybody cast any theories as to why a whole thread would just disappear? Should I spend another hour plus to do it again? Am I pissed off?....You Betcha >:( >:( ???.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:49:48 am »
The ghost of Ji…

…on a more serious note. Whenever you go to a lot of trouble to add a lengthy post make sure you back up your key stokes in Word or some other text based programme. Much easier to cut and paste if things go wrong. I've had Safari quit while uploading a long post and lost the lot - damn frustrating.

Can't wait to read it when you finally get it back up [?]. I really enjoy the tech articles on this site, really Ji, I do!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:53:18 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »
No sign of it Firko, but I do have a database disconnection error in the logs from yesterday, so it's possible you or someone may have been adding a post at that moment and it's caused the thing to drop the whole thread. That's the only thing I can think of. That said, there have been some inexplicable thread deletions in the past, so maybe there is some sort of intermittent glitch?

firko

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
Yet another of lifes mysteries ::). I'll redo the whole thing I guess. Now I understand the blood that Ji spilled for the craft ;).

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:18:22 pm »
I lost a Wanted ad/thread yesterday evening too, FWIW.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Excellent advice Jeff by the way. I usually do that, but you should hear the swearing when I don't and lose a long post...

mx250

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 12:23:06 pm »
Yesterday evening I had a few probs with the site. I clicked on a few threads and a different thread or page opened ??? ::). Happened a few times and I doubled checked. Seems okay at the mo 8).

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:10 pm »
Yesterday I had just opened a thread by Number8 with 2000 old motocross photo's, when all of a sudden the whole thread disappeared. I PM'd #8 but he said he didn't delete it also.

Stan.

Captain Bilko

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:04 pm »
Two days ago I went to get my shed boots (which are normally on the right side of my work boots) and my work boots were on the right hand side. I was blown away.  :-[
Then yesterday, I went to drink my cup of tea and it already half gone. Now I'm sure I'd just made a fresh cup and the wife drinks hers black. The cat wasn't in the room and......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:43:31 pm by 66M »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:35 pm »
nimmos probably hacked firkos account and deleated the thread  ,your a bastard ross nimmo

Captain Bilko

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »
nimmos probably hacked firkos account and deleated the thread  ,your a bastard ross nimmo

If I was that clever I'd be hacking into your bank account.....

Doggy Digger

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »
We usually go to Vinnies for old threads.
    - Dopey (Seventh Dwarf)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 01:35:51 pm »
Hey Firko,
I found it for you. Wander on over to: http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=17260.msg172833;topicseen#msg172833

Don't know what you were complaining about.  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

STW996

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:23 pm »
Well see if we can find the thread I started yesterday in Honda for 76 CR 250 shocks

Can't seem to find it anywhere

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »
 I wonder if the server suffered a power spike or outage with the high air conditioning demand. I now our power dropped out.

There seams to be few questionable things happening to this site, more than usual since the Pre90 site opened?

How was the new site established, added to the same drive via partitioning? Or separate allocated drive?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:43:07 am by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)