Author Topic: A dork and his money.....  (Read 8393 times)

mx250

A dork and his money.....
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:48:33 pm »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: A dork and his money.....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »
From the official HD press release:

..As each Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycle declares its styling independence with exclusive components and inspired craftsmanship, the Cross Bones is a bold addition to an already free-spirited family. Many features of the Cross Bones and other Softails are reminiscent of restless riders of the past, whose defiant attitude resonates with those who march to their own beat in any generation...

:D

Those handlebars look too far forward or something in that image. It doesn't look as bad in some of the other pics.

Tex

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:15:57 am »
the blokes only 4ft 6  thats why the pics out of whack.   Most hadly ridders are shortarses.

and the seat position is just wrong and high, reminds me of those excersie bikes thats go up and down .
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:25:02 am »
Here in the US we call them "Visa V-Twins". IMHO a truly crude piece of engineering by 1940s standards, but anytime you mention motorcycles, someone mentions Hardly Ableson....like you say you actually race, and some hillbilly tells you how they go to NASCRAP races to get drunk. YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:25:29 am »
I don't understand this thread, why bag the bloke because he has different tastes to you? He looks pretty happy in the photo, so I say good on him. Am I missing something? If we all had the same tastes it would be a boring old world.
K

All Things 414

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 09:33:05 am »
I like it! 8)

firko

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 11:53:14 am »
Me to. I'd own the Harley anytime. The bars would go in the shit bin though. I "hated" Harleys for years and just didn't get what people saw in them. Then, within a period of a few weeks I rode a neighbours restored hand change 1940 WLA, Marsh Runyons amazing Harley 1000 vintage MXer and a friends then new Fatboy cruiser. I still can't put into words what makes Harleys so desirable but whatever it is, you understand once you've had a decent ride on one. I get it now.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:43 pm »
nothin wrong with that pic up there...so what if hes a short arse and that harleys got silly lookin hangers..who cares.. ???

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:49:06 pm »
I don't understand this thread, why bag the bloke because he has different tastes to you?

Just having a bit of a laugh myself. I have relatives who ride Harleys; we're always giving each other good-natured grief about each other's bikes. I'm a lot more open minded than them, believe me!

I completely agree that it'd be boring if we all rode the same thing.

You gotta admit, that press release is a bit cheesy though!

Tex

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »
nothin wrong with that pic up there...so what if hes a short arse and that harleys got silly lookin hangers..who cares.. ???

The Fashion Police are getting a bench warrant for his arrest as we speak... ;D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 01:02:20 pm »
i must have missed somthing here..what is it, too much bling or not enough.... ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:42 pm »
no, it's not about bling and i'm surprised everyone else has missed it,
but,
there's a bolt missing, look under his left foot, it's all about quality of workmanship...
"flat bickie"

All Things 414

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 02:14:28 pm »
Well... I did think.....that maybe he had a little too much pre-load in the rear. The bolt however, escaped me.....

Rosco400

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 02:18:34 pm »
no, it's not about bling and i'm surprised everyone else has missed it,
but,
there's a bolt missing, look under his left foot, it's all about quality of workmanship...

Standard on Harley frames for sidestand, been relocated as not to interfere with running boards, after all, you wouldnt cut it off with an angle grinder would you::)

YSS

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 02:40:04 pm »
Is that better ?

[attachment deleted by admin]