Author Topic: Highs and Lows  (Read 3524 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: Highs and Lows
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 10:14:22 pm »
The highs for me
The people I've met.
The help I've had from strangers and the help I've been able to pass on.
Getting me back to re-enjoying my memories and doing what I've always enjoyed.
Being able to attend some fantastic meetings and being few and far between makes them all the more special.
Finally starting to get some interest in VMX in Darwin!

The lows,
Well this is sort of a hidden high really.
Not having enough time to just indulge myself in bikes, riding and racing which makes the time I can spend doing it that much more fun

Brent

The older I get, the faster I was

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:21 am »
highs: riding  a fleet of museum-perfect PE's in France with Le Canari, seeing the shelf of trophies and workshop at Bob's house in the UK, exploring the Aladdin's Cave of PE stuff at Bill's in the backwoods of North Carolina.
lows: not getting to CD for the fifth year in a row.
Luke

suzuki43

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:56 pm »
My Highs are pretty much a mirror image of Brent:
Namely the people I have become mates with in VMX both in Oz and NZed over the last 11 years.
Standout moments too many to mention, but the Barbabool Viper race I think it was 2002 when there was a full grid of Pre 85 250's and 500's on the line was a standout ( including watching Geoffrey Bulls flip off the start on his 84 CR 500-sorry GB but that was a 10 out of 10), along with the Johnny Old Race in Levin last year were the two best races.Socially Broadford has been the source of some good times, along with Taupo post match functions in NZ,including NZ shed parties-good times!
Lows:
The loss of too many good bastards via natural causes or old age or the VMX candle burning out for them.
Not having the time to attend all the VMX races around the traps in ANZ incl CD's in QLD the last two years.