Author Topic: Accommodation at Dubbo  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Accommodation at Dubbo
« on: January 26, 2011, 08:43:20 pm »
This is not a VMX question but I am ridding from Geelong to Caloundra on my R6 then ride back again with my Dad and his mates (Dads 70 and i'm not sure how many more times he can do this but i remember saying the same thing on his 60th to my Brother !)on some great roads down the East coast to Phillip Island to watch the super Bikes late Feb.
My Question is does anyone on this forum know a quiet, secure place ( I am worried about loosing my ride) to stay one night only in Dubbo?
Any advise would be most appreciated  :D

ted

Re: Accommodation at Dubbo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:17:04 pm »
Country motels ....9 times out of 10 the owner lives on site...Just ask him at booking time if he will secure your bikes in his garage

I am sure he will accomodate you

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:35 pm »
Not wanting to hijack your thread Hardex but I think your concern about bike security while travelling is one of constant concern. I heard a story late last year of 8 motorcycles (1000cc plus road bikes) going missing in the dead of night from a Motel in Coffs Harbour. They were recovered less than 24 Hours later in Cairns due to a tracking device fitted to one of the bikes. One can never be to careful. Hope you have a great ride with your Dad and his mates.  ;)

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:38:20 am »
Country motels ....9 times out of 10 the owner lives on site...Just ask him at booking time if he will secure your bikes in his garage

I am sure he will accomodate you

Thanks Ted I will take your advice on that. ;D

Not wanting to hijack your thread Hardex but I think your concern about bike security while travelling is one of constant concern. I heard a story late last year of 8 motorcycles (1000cc plus road bikes) going missing in the dead of night from a Motel in Coffs Harbour. They were recovered less than 24 Hours later in Cairns due to a tracking device fitted to one of the bikes. One can never be to careful. Hope you have a great ride with your Dad and his mates.  ;)

Thanks IT490K1983 the tracking device seems a good idea. :oMight look into that
Thanks. ;D