Author Topic: Video - Newry Vintage Motocross 1993......  (Read 4477 times)

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile

SAABCOMBI

Re: Video - Newry Vintage Motocross 1993......
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:04:41 pm »
That was great to watch (Mark) l will let Neil Daymond know, he can see old Sam on the boatail Bully. Will Newry vintage meeting ever come back for another run in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:06:31 pm by Swedish Connection »

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:55:49 pm »
how cool is that thats me number 25 on my
450 husky (still got it)
was a cool track that day good shit ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:34:54 am »
Just wondering if that was 92, as I bought a maico off Johnny Selva the day before and had a ride there as my first ride back, on #86 and as I was so rushed there was no time for side panel numbers. Amazing, I would sook at the dust these days but it was just the best to be back having a ride.
Rosco86

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:22:32 am »
Number 8# Neil Daymond CZ, Sam Daymond on boatail Bultaco,.

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08:34 am »
Rosco86 - You may be right that it is actually the 92 event at Newry. From memory we ran the 92 event as a stand alone event and then in 93 became a round of the Victorian Vintage MX series.

If my memory is still good in old age, I believe you were at the 93 event as well. I will see if I can locate the riders lists from those events.

The Maffra-Sale club these days is much more into serious MX racing with the track changed to suit, it is still a great club but I don't believe Vintage MX will be back on the agenda anymore.

Ross and Russell already identified.
Neil Daymond on his CZ and Sam on the Boat tail
Bultaco 30 is Rob Watson
Mick Murnane on the Hodaka and XL250
Yamaha 90 - Brian Clarke

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
While you would think I should know......I'm confused.
With a little more research it may actually be the Oct 1991 Event..... Ross? Russell?
I can't find any programs for the 91 or 92 events. Found this report about the 91 event in a copy of the Vintage Register Newsletter.
Have also attached a copy of the 1993 program

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 08:54:47 pm »
 In the 93 Newry event ,I remember Peter Luczkowski who was a mechanic for Mick Doohan back in the day with his red hot cr250m blowing up in race one and then seeing him back in the pits with the bike stripped down ,with a file trying to clean the piston up to reuse it (It was a long time ago and I am a little vague about the out come) but I can't remember how he went but from what I saw in race one he was extremely quick and a really nice guy

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »
I remember that day, Peter did well to get it all back together, if it was me the bike would have been put on the trailer.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:13 pm »
Peter raced at Stoney Creek a few weeks prior and was really quick but nobody really knew where he had come from. The maffra day got wetter as the day went on. After siezing his elsinore in the 2nd race he quietly walked back to the car grabbed a few few tools and went back to the pits and with a mate holding an umbrella rebuilt it in next to no time and then went out to win the third race. Mark your an absolute legend I reckon as you and the Newry track go back in my memory as far as I can remember. Some intersting names there. Ian Tragardh was head of the Frankston club (holed the top of his clutch cover that day, a bit of exhaust putty saw him through) and Mick Murnane was a VMX mover and shaker. Nice friendly relaxed atmosphere in those days.
Rosco 86

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »
i remember that race meeting well i went there with my mate ian foster
that feature pre75 and 80 race i was leading by a mile and got a flat tyre and rode
the last 2 laps flat to finish third ha what a bummer
i would say it is 91 maybe 92

hows all the names on tne program go through the list and
see how many are still riding not a lot
shit i have been riding vintage since 1988  must have some sort
of disease ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:46 am »
Just been sorting out some old photos and found these shots at Maffra 94 i think.

Start of all powers race and Andre Matherson forground on my old elsinor 125 .He got away from me on my xl350 .He was hard to catch.

And some shots from Newry 1992

Offline mxmark

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 09:39:26 am »
G'day Hardex I remember going to that event me and you went to the pub for tea I'll dig some old video I have of you and Andrea out I'd like to catch up one day for a beer I also have video of you at the 92 nationals at ravenswood         Cheers Mark Dale