Author Topic: Doggy 9.5: Don't try this at home ...  (Read 3920 times)

Doggy Digger

Doggy 9.5: Don't try this at home ...
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:06:29 pm »

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Doggy 9.5: Don't try this at home ...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:39:13 pm »
Did exactly the samr thing on my SL 70. Cheers Jerry

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:13:11 am »
Hey Rog,
No point goin' to the Servo - your bike doesn't even have a fuel tank!!  :D

I know how you feel - don't let an 8 year old play with an axe. But the local GP stuck my thumb back together and luckily it took. Ah the joys of youth…
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:29:31 am »
thats funny, my dad was allways on to myself and 3 brotheres to wear boots, him being the ex speedway racer in Brisbane and all, yeah yeah we would all go, then one day we get the call, he's layed his BSA over, dinking my uncle home, near the foundry at M'dore, yep you guessed it , no boots just thongs on and no more big toe, but it worked, us boys never rode without boots again ;D

Trev

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:32:43 am »
I remember being on a scout camp once when one of the local kids was riding past on his bicycle. His chain had jumped off as it had done several times before and he was getting tired of having to stop to put it back on.
This time he thought it a good idea to just reach down and flick the chain back on while still rolling along.
It turned out to be a bad idea as several fingers got caught in the process.
He wandered in to our camp looking for help with his hand all covered in blood and grease.
One of my older brothers, who was a bit of a rev head decided to take him to hospital.

By chance I met the kid a few years later and he got to telling the story of which I recognized.
Except his version told of a harrowing experience in a Land Rover going flat out to the hospital and he declared he was more scared of the road trip than what he had done to his hand.
Yep, that was my brother alright, that could have been any normal trip with him.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

firko

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:39:31 am »
I reluctantly admit that I too am a victim of the chain monster. I was loading my Maico 440 into the back of my mates ute at Condo and I somehow got my left index finger caught between the chain and rear sprocket, losing the top half inch of the finger. They patched me up in Condo hospital and I got
back to the piss up at the bowling club in time for Bill Browns annual Roy Orbison set with the house band. ;D

The best worst I ever saw was at the Ravenswood Nats in '92. Legendary eccentric Bob Voumard was loading his CZ onto the trailer and he asked a passing punter to give him a hand. Unbeknown to Bob the bloke picked the bike up by the rear sprocket and when Bob rolled the bike forward onto the trailer the poor buggers finger got the chop at the knuckle. The guy was jumping, and screaming which drew a bit of a crowd to see what was wrong and luckily somebody grabbed the digit off Bobs trailer before he took off in a cloud of dust, seemingly oblivious to the unfolding drama. Bob later explained his speedy exit later by announcing that all was under control and he didn't think he was needed ???. but those who knew Bob understood that he had good reason for his hasty departure and it had nothing to do with the finger incident and more to do with him not wanting to draw attention the passenger in his car*. 
 I often wonder if they ever sewed the blokes finger back on?
*I'll save the rest of this yarn for CD8 Bob Voumard campfire stories...there are some doozies! ;D

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:31:33 am »
Re worms ; After years telling kids to use boots , tried to kick start yz400d in thongs yep bloody big flap of skin torn from inner arch of my foot . only just filed the pegs for grip .  Dumb
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Doggy Digger

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:03:46 pm »
Photo confirmation of bottle shop proximity to RT1 ...

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:09 pm »
You didnt have your trusty didgit holding gloves on in that pic Rog ;D, Years ago whilst unloading a bike i grabbed hold of the disc side fork leg,all was sweet until the wheel rotated squashing my finger between the disc mounting bolt & the forkleg,when i pulled my finger out it squirted out blood like a spray can :'(,i have been wary eversince

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:50 pm »
Bike loading stories reminds me of one time at Newtown when club member Loydey was loading his bike onto his trailer.
He also caught his finger but I believe it was much worse than cutting his finger off as he had ripped one fingernail completely from one finger.
Everyone felt the pain.
I still feel queasy thinking about it now.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:40 pm »
Would you believe I know some-one very well who tried to clean a pressure pack paint can nozzle with a pin and succeeded only the instant the can was turned around so as to see where the PAINT COMES OUT. cheers
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »
Talking blood blisters under thumb nails.
While I was an apprentice an old tradesman showed me how to slowly roll a small dia drill bit between your fingers to drill a hole through the nail and relieve the pressure.
I, inturn showed one of my apprentices how it was done after flooging my thumb with a hammer.
A few months later the same thing happened to junior and he went to put the drill bit in the drill press, I recommended not to do it but he ignored me and you all know what happens as the drill breaks through, straight through his whole finger.
We pissed ourselves laughing.
Another one I saw was a 70's longhair getting his hair caught in a drill press, I didn't laugh at that one, I think I may've chucked.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »
Talking blood blisters under thumb nails..

eeeeek boy child just walked in the door and did the same with a wheel axle on a 4wd today at work...squish  :'(  :-X
No drill press though just a hot needle  :(
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:10 pm »
Or this ;) ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
As a kid, I still recall a mate of a mate running his finger between the chain and the sprocket of his BMX bike.
At first it was "Hey, check this out!" while he bent his finger sideways to reveal the bone.
Then he went grey, went quiet and sat down...

No permanent damage, AFAIK.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.