Author Topic: Mid 70's suzuki 250  (Read 5416 times)

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Mid 70's suzuki 250
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »
I was talking with my brother the other day and we were discussing suz 250 models, I rode an rm 250 a,rm125s among others, we got hold of the ex Gary Adams rh250 that he had from Melbourne motor cycles for a friend of mine Peter Simonds shit that thing was fast. Chris Oldfield who used to ride for Bob Byres in mooroolbark chris was mech there also, we used to talk a lot as we had the Ferntreegully shop Highway MC. back to the question do any of you blokes remember the bike Oldfield had I think it was an RH looked just like the RM 250 but had the same ignition as the RH ie Magneto, I cant seem to find this bike specs anywhere, and i know it was not an RM as down the back straight at coldstream the old dump it would leave the RM sitting But when he had his B model My A was just as good. 
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mid 70's suzuki 250
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:55:29 pm »
I was talking with my brother the other day and we were discussing suz 250 models, I rode an rm 250 a,rm125s among others, we got hold of the ex Gary Adams rh250 that he had from Melbourne motor cycles for a friend of mine Peter Simonds shit that thing was fast. Chris Oldfield who used to ride for Bob Byres in mooroolbark chris was mech there also, we used to talk a lot as we had the Ferntreegully shop Highway MC. back to the question do any of you blokes remember the bike Oldfield had I think it was an RH looked just like the RM 250 but had the same ignition as the RH ie Magneto, I cant seem to find this bike specs anywhere, and i know it was not an RM as down the back straight at coldstream the old dump it would leave the RM sitting But when he had his B model My A was just as good. 

I can remember Oldfield on an RH250 at that time,before the RM cam along,

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 04:50:21 pm »
I knew Chris back in the day and it indeed was an RH. He has a business in Lilydale next time Im down there I will ask him what became of it. Whats your name so I can mention it to him. Cheers Jerry

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »
You'll be flatout trying to find any specs or books with RH info, there isn't much around. I've got 2 RH250's but not a lot of written information on them.

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50:16 pm »
No man should have 2 RH'S. Please feel free to give me one YLB! Cheers Jerry

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:03 pm »
No man should have 2 RH'S. Please feel free to give me one YLB! Cheers Jerry
Ha ha... yeah no worries ;)

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:24:26 pm »
You can have one of my children if you like. One is a plumber the other one's a carpenter! Or I can throw in the pair if you like! Cheers jerry

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:44:42 pm »
I just put on the ning photo's a trail & track march 75 article about the Clifton hill RH that Dennis Curran rode,they gave it to a spode journo to test,looks like he's taken it out to the local vacant lot & fanged it round in flares, a Suzuki jersey & no gloves or peak on his helmet, oh the humanity!!!!!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 09:05:44 pm »
Yeah i was just looking at that. I was searching for that T&T mag a few weeks ago to check the rear suspension mods they did to the '74 RH's.

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »
i am pretty sure it was after the RH250B as Matt Carlson had a B i think Chris Got That after the B's were out . It looked just like the RM but the build was nuts lots of goodies.
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »
There were a few new '75 RH's left over in '76 and i remember Mayfairs Suzuki in Brisbane selling them cheap to get rid of them.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »
I just put on the ning photo's a trail & track march 75 article about the Clifton hill RH that Dennis Curran rode,they gave it to a spode journo to test,looks like he's taken it out to the local vacant lot & fanged it round in flares, a Suzuki jersey & no gloves or peak on his helmet, oh the humanity!!!!!

That's how T & T used to do all there test :D Have'nt you seen the one of Geoff Taylor's Photos on a Yamah MX something in his normal street clothes and shoes ;D

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:45 pm »
MX 400 if I remember correctly outside his old shop in Foster Street Dandynong.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:17:22 am »
I've got a copy of the genuine specs and service data leaflet for the RH's if you need one Johnnie.
PM me.

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 08:04:35 am »
Chris D'Esposito is  name jerry. My family owned Highway MC in the gully i new chris through trade school i think and racing of course, Olie borrowed my RM125s and raced at the Grand Nat one year and I think he won the 125 race,this may have been the same year that Anton Allers Crashed but I am not sure of that. antons crash was the same day that i met my wife , I met her at iceland in Ringwood on the sunday night after the races. I will try and look chris up next time i'm in melb .
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!