Author Topic: Women = Dreamkillers  (Read 7899 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Women = Dreamkillers
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »
Hmm maybe she has a masters in Medicine so she makes a little more than me.
I like your thinking thou. 5 bikes is enough for me these days. If and when I get more time and I have no projects that need to be finished I might buy a few bikes I have always wonderd about.
Over the years I have owned and rebuilt everything from Ducati 900 SS too YZ A's, Montesa's, XL Honda's , CR's , Maico's and KTM's I think Iv'e had a good run.  ;D
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »
hey guys - I know Al - maybe you should ask her if that is what she practcies or preach's????;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »
very true ,such selfishness-she could of bought two  ;D ...
this is how its all done properly   :D  ;D
 Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail,  ;D  :-*  put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)
Hey Alison, do you have a sister? :D :D

Yes ,but she's more into that modern stuff  ;)   ;D 
the above job lot was a quote off the jeepcherokee link--oh for the perfect world hey !!

Have you found the bridge yet ??
Best is in the West !!

STW996

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »
Yeah Al was taking the quote from the bloke about going to the dealer ;) if you sister is the same height as you I would be in trouble anyway :D :D

Yes have pictures of it (bridge) will post later (Peter from SCMC sent them to me).

It was torn from the ground footings and all! and is wrapped around a couple of trees with the footings still attached!

2 cubic meters of concrete in the footings so man there must have been some force >:(

Will go up on weekend and have a look but it will be back in place (on higher footings) by CD.

Cheers Alision

Shane

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »
Will go up on weekend and have a look but it will be back in place (on higher footings) by CD.

Build it higher and then we can charge for drunken VMX bungee jumpers with cheap Chilliconcarn from KampKevlar  ;D
cheers A

Hope the canteen and such didnt get too much damage.take care  :)
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
cheap Chilliconcarn from KampKevlar 
There's nothing cheap about our Chili Ali ;D. The Kevlar Kampers are another thing though!
Are you and Steve coming over this year? We're actually planning to have a Tiki Bar theme this year....Mai Tais, Hurricanes and Zombies along with our celebrated Kevlaritas.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »
!
Are you and Steve coming over this year? yes booked paid and waiting  :P .We're actually planning to have a Tiki Bar theme this year....Mai Tais, Hurricanes and Zombies along with our celebrated Kevlaritas.

Scary with you lot of hoarding pac rat collectors  ;)  ;D
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=1140.msg9675#msg9675
quote:There are some amazing collectors involved in the vintage scene. Within Klub Kevlar we have some mighty collections. .......... has a collection of six ready to race racing hydroplanes including the last front engined boat (Latimer Lodge) to win the Gold Cup in Seattle,Washington, the unofficial world championship for such boats. As well as some nice Elsinores, three Metisses and an almost complete collection of Maicos from 1968-1984 including a holy grail 501 he has a genuine Falcon GTHO phase III. Ed also has a big collection of Chevy big and small block race engines.
............ has a collection of speedway bike engines equal to anything in the world including rare American Maely and Offenhauser engines, two Aussie made engines and almost every four valve conversion made for the Jawa 2 valve. He's also got a good collection of Brit MX bikes including Rickman, BSA, CCM, Cheney and a rare Swedish Monark 500 GP engine that will be the basis for a full Monark GP replica.also has a cherry '69 Ford Mustang.
......... got a Hindall Ducati 350, Hindall Yamaha 250 and Cheney Yamaha 360 along with a Trackmaster flat tracker destined to recieve a 650 Benelli engine, an Antig 250 Maico slider,and two rare 350 Maico square barrels, a one off Maico trials bike and other oddities. also collect early Australian speed equipment for grey Holden engines, antique and rare Swiss watches and cast iron money boxes.  a pretty nice 1978 V12 XJS Jaguar coupe and considering building a nostalgia drag car, possibly a Fiat Topolino altered.
 I know of one member who has the biggest collection of electric guitars  ;D  imaginable, everything from Les Paul Gibsons, Strats, Teles, you name it. I also have a friend who has a collection of all sorts of stuff from the year 1981 including an IT465,490 Maico and 400 PE X and many other non motorcycling 1981 issue items.
Many of us possess that pack rat collector mentality
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Curly3

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 07:14:29 pm »
Can't live with them, can't live without them.
I think I'd like to try but I'd have to find where she has hidden my testicles first.
23 years this Sunday, pray for me.

suzuki43

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 08:03:20 pm »
Yeah mines good, occasionally she goes, 'I didn't know you had a green one ?' and i go ' yeah I painted the yellow one'.  ;D

As long as they are not all assembled and in the same place I am laughing.

Roger that Marc,as long as the colour stays yellow,my 'boss lady" is blissfully none the wiser.Hower the newly arrived Red lemon in my collection will take some explaining....could be time to buy her another ring.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »
Roger that Marc,as long as the colour stays yellow,my 'boss lady" is blissfully none the wiser.Hower the newly arrived Red lemon in my collection will take some explaining....could be time to buy her another ring.
[/quote]

Yeah get one that fits your nose mate  ;D  ;D

When does the Honda turn up. ??
formerly Marc.com

suzuki43

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 08:44:26 pm »
The RA has arrived apart from frame swingarm and engine,it looks ugly!!!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 10:22:37 pm »
Oh Craigy boy - the RA is God's gift - hey why don't you tell your wife you a looking after it for me  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »
hey guys - I know Al - maybe you should ask her if that is what she practcies or preach's????;D

Ross... How well do you know her?  I can assure you that I must be the lucky one!
Alison's drive and enthusiasm for Bikes, not just VMX , but pre 85, speedway, dirt trackers or road bikes both road or race out ways mine 10:1. If its got at least two wheels or 7 inches up the front she's happy. ;D
I dont have to ask to buy parts... she finds and buys them for me. She actually has a pink sticky on the wall near the computer to remind her "You have spent enough".
Im usually the one that ask's"what the bloody hell is that for"
Library.. She decided to start her own. Now we have a whole dam book shelf dedicated to VMX parifenalia. I ask her about Sprites and American Eagles.  :'(
Pig tails and cleavage... yep thats goes on in the shed. ;D
Hey Shane .. she even has a sister, much shorter and richer. 8)
See you at CD8 Rosco.... you cant miss it. best event ever
Steven.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:30 am »
Hi
Yes I got lucky too,
I thought I should keep her as my "First wife" after she saw and heard a Triumph Metisse and remarked "we should get one of those"

This thread should be retitled;
Women = Dream makers,
Thanks Honey

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 08:49:14 pm »
 My lovely lady purchased a 250 CZ side piper for me for my birthday and Christmas.  I said to my brother in law shes (one in a million) and he replyed not like your sister (won in a raffle)
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.