Author Topic: Who can make a washer?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Who can make a washer?
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:47:39 am »
Hi - I need two washers made that are an unusual size, that sit under the fork top nuts/caps.  I cannot find them as a Kawasaki spare part anywhere in the world (and believe me, I have a few good sources!).  Does anyone know who could make these washers, they are 1mm thick, 30mm ID and 40mm OD.  As you can see in the photo they also have a small tang, which is of no great consequence as I could do that myself once I had the washers.

Thanks, Ken

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Who can make a washer?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:21:22 am »
Hi Ken,
Friend of mine down here in Tassie has a water jet cutter and could make them easy. You could find a water jet company closer to you to make them for not very much money. If you have any trouble let me know and I will get them made down here and send them to you
I have had washers and other strange things made on the water jet it will cut any materials up to 500mm thick. He also cuts head gaskets etc when they are no longer available very clever

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:03:57 am »
Anyone with a lathe could do this in 5 min, If you get stuck PM and I will make them for you. But any machine shop could whip these up for $20.00
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:07:11 am »
Wow, what great responses in such a short time!  Thanks to all and I'm chasing up a couple of the offers from both online and off.  Much appreciated to all.

Regards

Ken

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:46:19 am »
What material?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:59 am »
Just good ol' steel, nothing fancy.  They are easily wrecked or lost and I suspect a lot of these forks (F21M) went back together without them (as indeed had the pair on this bike).  But some people must have bought replacements as there's none left anywhere!

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:50 am »
water jet it will cut any materials up to 500mm thick.
Cheers
Fatboy

really? holy moly  :o

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:46:13 pm »
I'll see what's in the material store then. Only problem with laser/water cutters is the min charge

OMAX 5 AXIS WATER JET
Jesus only loves two strokes