Author Topic: Cyclops 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's etc... vintage stuff!  (Read 4193 times)

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Cyclops 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's etc... vintage stuff!
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:59:49 pm »
Hi guys,

Ok, I know this has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with VMX and I have sneakily hijacked hubby's Ozvmx username but I was hoping...

Is there anyone in VMX land who has in their shed (behind the motorbikes of course) an old pedal car, tricyle, scooter etc (especially Cyclops ones) that they might wish to sell on or offload?  I had a look in Roger Harvey's CD7 book and saw that nifty little vintage bicycle (page 12 and again on page 37) so I got to thinking...

I like to do these toys up just for my little girls (much the same as you guys, just the toys are a bit different!) and I use the molasses method (which I learnt on Ozvmx!).  This is my way of keeping a bit of the Aussie history alive for those down the track.

Please let us know if you'd be able to help in this regard.  I realise that I might not get any replies but it'd be great if you could help us out.  Thanks in advance!

Gazza's missus

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclops 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's etc... vintage stuff!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:02:12 pm »
Oh, and old magazine ads of these toys would be great too!

Thanks!!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:06:49 am »
I have a couple of pushies that would be 30' 40' era
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:07:24 pm »
Hi again everyone,

Thanks for the replies so far.  I do keep a very close eye on ebay for anything like this but thanks heaps for sending through those links.  I have had a bit of a look on trading post and gumtree but there's nothing much on there.

Please keep 'em coming!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:55:41 am »
Toowoomba swapmeet is coming up soon.  Good place to find stuff like that. if you haven't been, it's big.  There's also this bloke based in QLD who may have something or be able to help.  He also has a swap meet callender.

http://www.thepedalcarguy.com/

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 07:50:48 pm »
Hey Crash n Bern,

Thanks very much for that.  I am really looking forward to the Toowoomba Swap meet as I haven't been before and have heard it's really great for this kind of thing.

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
Hi again guys and girls,

Just another big thank you to you all for your reads and replies.  I honestly didn't think that there would be so many people who would read this, being nothing to do with vintage mx.  Please keep the responses coming through if you have anything like this in the shed.  I would be happy to consider other brands other than Cyclops too, especially in the pedal cars. 

You're all a great bunch and hubby and I really like to read the forum and see what's what in the vintage motorcycling world.

We wish you all the best for a safe and happy new year, hopefully with a year of good riding ahead for all of you. 

Take care and see you next year!