Author Topic: Getting Vics to CD8 ... Team Spirit  (Read 5616 times)

Doggy Digger

Getting Vics to CD8 ... Team Spirit
« on: December 24, 2010, 09:17:59 am »
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Hi Bahnzy, Hoony and all - Would it be an idea to rent a truck of some sort?   (Or maybe a rider owns a big truck?)

Have two blokes co-drive it up.   Tents, bikes etc into truck.   (Maybe two other riders drive it back.)

All the others fly up.   Rent a mini-bus at airport.
You could all possibly have a great time, flying and grouping together.
Truck location would make it a big central Vic campsite.   (A bigger version of Chez Macca last year)

I have a vested interest, in that it saddens me that so many Vics won't be able to manage the time and distance otherwise ...

- RH

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Vics to CD8 ... Team Spirit
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
We could put the Mexican's at the bottom of the camping area so they feel at home ;)
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

monaro308

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 09:51:45 am »
We could put the Mexican's at the bottom of the camping area so they feel at home ;)

We didn't want you going overboard with the weather to make us feel welcome.
Sunshine state?? You have more rain each day than us mexicans do in decade. ;D

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 02:27:05 pm »
great idea Rog. I'm in for either a trip bike or bike-less. Working on Mrs Hoony to come up too (she can do the Sheila shopping thing in Maleny with my Mates Mrs).
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »

Noice  ;) i'll bring some enchilada's
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 03:12:28 pm »
Hey Doggy, how about extending your great offer to the Tasweegins aswell?...awesome idea....come on you Mexicans...support the sport....you know us Bannana benders are good hosts....we let anyone come up here...even Nathan...merry christmas everyone..DC.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 03:15:04 pm »
Even the South Aussies...I'm sure Freaky would help you drive.....then you can get into that mind of his!! ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »
Hey Doggy, how about extending your great offer to the Tasweegins aswell?...awesome idea....come on you Mexicans...support the sport....you know us Bannana benders are good hosts....we let anyone come up here...even Nathan...merry christmas everyone..DC.
most off you queenslander a ex victorians on the run fom the police or child support or federal drug squads ,NOW YOU CAN COUNT THE CD FORMAT TO YOUR LIST OFF CRIMES AGAINST VICTORIA AS WELL ;D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 03:27:43 pm »
Would it help the Mexican's if some of us with multiple bikes could offer a ride for the fly inn's?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

mainline

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »
You guy's know that there's alway's a spare bike or three available up here if you can't bring one with you. If Brad and Rusty bring their entire fleet to share none of you will need to bring a bike.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »
Ask Alisons partner in crime how much of a fat time he had this year...... he must have riden 7 or 8 different bikes....you guessed it... all QLD bikes....now back to the criminal element....wheren't you in "Underbelly" Paul....?....hey Ross, there where more Montessa's up here than you've seen in a lifetime...come on...join the party... ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 04:44:18 pm »
 :D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »
Mr Davey Croakitt Um what you doing studying Pauls underbelly ??? sounds a bit rough.....   
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Hi Bahnzy, Hoony and all - Would it be an idea to rent a truck of some sort?   (Or maybe a rider owns a big truck?)

Have two blokes co-drive it up.   Tents, bikes etc into truck.   (Maybe two other riders drive it back.)

All the others fly up.   Rent a mini-bus at airport.
You could all possibly have a great time, flying and grouping together.
Truck location would make it a big central Vic campsite.   (A bigger version of Chez Macca last year)

I have a vested interest, in that it saddens me that so many Vics won't be able to manage the time and distance otherwise ...

- RH

Hi Roger,
             have you had any luck in response to the above, i to would be keen to get involved and get to CD8. Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 02:01:32 pm »
I have to admit, I am very disappointed and have given up on CD. It is just too far and takes at least 2 days drive each way. It seems that QLD is the permanent home for CD - enjoy northerners.