Author Topic: Salt addiction  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Salt addiction
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:26:32 am »
Always keep an eye on the salt addiction stuff but this one got me curious, thought i would post,

So he has put a few motors in the trunk ( TRY 3 ) in the stream liner, but thinking outside the square has put the rider in front of the front wheel ???
thats would feel strange i would think , hanging out on the bonnet   ;D

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/8620/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction--Ross-Browns-Triple-Threat.aspx
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Salt addiction
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:28:59 am »
great article
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Doggy Digger

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »
Salty biscuits

I can't stop eating dry biscuits with my beers and cheese.  Especially the ones with sesame seeds.  Wake up feeling 'salty' in the mouth.

The low-salt ones, like low-salt butter, are no fun at all.

I'm also addicted to the idea of going to Bonnieville
-------------------
(I'm having trouble getting focused on work today ...)

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:42:30 pm »
I'm always facinated reading about these guys that build stuff for record attempts...always a fine line between genius and crazy ;D

Ken Warby is one of my alltime heroes, if you haven't heard of him do a google search and have a read.. an Aussie legend!!
World water speed record set with a $69 jet engine and the record has stood for over 30 years
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

firko

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »
We went to Lake Gairdner in 2006 to see if we'd like to get into salt racing. Unfortunately the lake's in the middle of nowhere nearly 2 days drive from here, rain often causes the meet to be cancelled and it's as boring as batshit between runs. There's not a lot to so in the middle of a salt lake ::). Having said that there's a new Weslake speedway powered salt racer coming out of Kevlar Kreations to try and break some sort of single cylinder class record and a turbo Kawasaki streamliner almost ready to go for the next Speed Week out there.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:14:07 pm by firko »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 05:55:24 pm »
It's a bit harder than it looks, as firko said it's more than in the middle of nowhere, if something happens it's all over. A friend has the record for 250cc stock class 106mph (still in 5th over geared to the shithouse),for that run he was in the queue at 8.30 and got his run at 1.30pm. Changed the gearing next day and they moved the timing markers. He's going back next year and yes apparently it is addictive. Tip No 1 buy plenty of a product called 'Salt Off' from the US as that shit gets in everywhere.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 06:07:34 pm »
Geez Firko,I'd hate to try to set the float level on that mikuni ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »
thats would feel strange i would think , hanging out on the bonnet   ;D

Guess he could end up like a grasshopper on a car windscreen "last thing he see's will be his ass"  :-X  ;D

VMX friend has a Triumph rig and has won his class on our Aust salt at Lake Gardiner.
colj500 has had a go also ...
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=3985.0
Some wicked machines head out there.  :P  :P
http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
enjoy A
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:48:46 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!